The Common Good (political party)
|Welsh name||Lles Pawb|
|Founded||1 April 2004|
Dick Rodgers, 2005
The Common Good is a small Christian political party in the United Kingdom. Founded and led by Richard (Dick) Rodgers, a clergyman, motorcyclist and orthopaedic registrar living in Northfield, Birmingham, the party's principles are based on his Christian faith. Rodgers campaigned for the release of the poet Irina Ratushinskaya from prison in the Soviet Union in the early 1980s, and visited Sudan in the 1990s during the civil war to try to negotiate for peace.
In 2016, the party campaigned for the United Kingdom to remain in the European Union during the referendum.
|Hartlepool by-election, 2004||Hartlepool||Rev Dick Rodgers||91||0.3|
|2005 general election||Birmingham Northfield||Richard Rogers||428||1.4|
|Dunfermline and West Fife by-election, 2006||Dunfermline and West Fife||Dick Rodgers||103||0.3|
|Henley by-election, 2008||Henley||Dick Rodgers||121||0.3|
|2010 general election||Birmingham Northfield||Richard Rogers||305||0.7|
|Newark by-election, 2014||Newark||Dick Rodgers||64||0.2|
|2017 general election||Birmingham Edgbaston||Dick Rodgers||155||0.36|
European Parliament elections
|2004 European election||West Midlands||8,650||0.6|
|Birmingham City Council election, 2007||Weoley||198||1.4|
- Cutts, Steven (25 June 2005). "Perspective: Dick's on a mission to heal the world". Birmingham Post. Retrieved 8 February 2010.[dead link]
- "Rocket man's trying to save European poll". Sunday Mercury. Birmingham. 6 June 2004. Retrieved 8 February 2010.
- "ELECTION 2005 COUNTDOWN TO MAY 5: COMMON MAN'S ON THE MOVE; Motorbiking vicar's MP dream". Birmingham Evening Mail. 23 April 2005. Retrieved 8 February 2010.
- Dale, Paul (5 October 2004). "Abysmal by-election is not deterring Dr 'Good'". The Birmingham Post. Retrieved 8 February 2010.
- Shipley, Andy (24 January 2006). "Vicar praying for Scot votes; Clergyman heads north on the by-election trail". Birmingham Mail. Retrieved 8 February 2010.
- UK General Election results May 2005 at Politics Resources
- "By-election candidates announced". BBC News. 27 January 2006. Retrieved 8 February 2010.
- Dunfermline & West Fife By-election at Politics Resources
- Parliamentary By-election: Henley at Politics Resources
- UK General Election results May 2010 at Politics Resources
- "Newark By-Election results". Newark and Sherwood District Council. 5 June 2014.
- "Birmingham Edgbaston Results". BBC News. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- Scott, Fiona (24 May 2004). "Blair backlash puts Euro seat in danger". Coventry Evening Telegraph. Retrieved 8 February 2010.
- "Euro election candidate to visit city; NEW PARTY WORKING FOR THE COMMON GOOD". Coventry Evening Telegraph. 4 May 2004. Retrieved 8 February 2010.
- "The Common Good Statement of Accounts 2008" (PDF). Electoral Commission. Archived from the original (PDF) on 9 June 2009. Retrieved 8 February 2010.
- Rodgers, Dick (17 November 2009). "The Man With a Globe on His Head". The Stirrer. Retrieved 8 February 2010.
|This article about a political party in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|