The Doors (soundtrack)
|The Doors: Original Soundtrack Recording|
|Soundtrack album by|
|The Doors chronology|
The Doors: Original Soundtrack Recording is the soundtrack to Oliver Stone's 1991 film The Doors. It contains several studio recordings by the Doors, as well as the Velvet Underground's "Heroin" and the introduction to Carl Orff's Carmina Burana. None of Val Kilmer's performances of the Doors' songs that are featured in the movie are included in the soundtrack.
The cover for the album is of Jim Morrison as portrayed by Val Kilmer. It is a photo of Kilmer looking straight in the camera's lens. His face is in black and white and his hair has the color of burning flames, it is the same effect created on the movie's posters and advertising material.
The French release of the soundtrack features Jim Morrison walking in a hallway towards the viewer; he's also portrayed by Kilmer, and the photograph was also part of the advertising material especially in France.
|1.||"The Movie"||Jim Morrison||An American Prayer (1978)||1:06|
|2.||"Riders on the Storm"||L.A. Woman (1971)||7:01|
|3.||"Love Street"||Morrison||Waiting for the Sun (1968)||2:48|
|4.||"Break On Through (To the Other Side)"||The Doors (1967)||2:26|
|5.||"The End"||The Doors||11:42|
|6.||"Light My Fire"||The Doors||7:06|
|7.||"Ghost Song"||Morrison||An American Prayer||2:55|
|8.||"Roadhouse Blues"" (Live)||Morrison||An American Prayer; originally from Morrison Hotel (1970)||5:20|
|9.||"Heroin" (performed by the Velvet Underground and Nico)||Lou Reed||The Velvet Underground & Nico (1967)||7:08|
|10.||"Carmina Burana" (Introduction; performed by Atlanta Symphony Orchestra & Chorus)||Carl Orff||Carl Orff: Carmina Burana (1983)||2:32|
|11.||"Stoned Immaculate"||Morrison||An American Prayer||1:34|
|12.||"When the Music's Over"||Strange Days (1967)||10:56|
|13.||"The Severed Garden (Adagio)"||Giazotto/Albinoni||An American Prayer||2:11|
|14.||"L.A. Woman"||Morrison||L.A. Woman||7:49|
Note: Played on all tracks except tracks 9 & 10
- Paul A. Rothchild – producer of all tracks except for tracks 2, 9, 10 & 14
- Bruce Botnick – co-producer of the L.A. Woman tracks; engineer for all tracks except tracks 9 & 10
- Budd Carr – executive producer
- Oliver Stone – album director
- Lou Reed - lead guitar, lead vocals
- John Cale - electric viola
- Sterling Morrison - rhythm guitar
- Maureen Tucker - percussion
Note: The personnel for track 10
- Jerry Scheff – bass guitar on tracks 2, 7 & 14
- Douglass Lubahn – bass guitar on track 3
- Larry Knechtel (uncredited) – bass guitar on track 6
|Brazil (Pro-Música Brasil)||Gold||100,000*|
|Canada (Music Canada)||Platinum||100,000^|
|Switzerland (IFPI Switzerland)||Gold||25,000^|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Gold||100,000^|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000|
* Sales figures based on certification alone.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 1992 Albums" (PDF). Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved July 16, 2021.
- "Brazilian album certifications – The Doors – The Doors: Original Soundtrack Recording" (in Portuguese). Pro-Música Brasil.
- "Canadian album certifications – The Doors – Soundtrack". Music Canada.
- "French album certifications – B.O.F. – The Doors (B.O.F.)" (in French). InfoDisc. Retrieved July 18, 2021. Select B.O.F. and click OK.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (The Doors; 'Original Soundtrack Doors')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie. Retrieved August 16, 2019.
- "Sólo Éxitos 1959–2002 Año A Año: Certificados 1979–1990" (in Spanish). Iberautor Promociones Culturales. ISBN 8480486392.
- "The Official Swiss Charts and Music Community: Awards (The Doors; 'Soundtrack')". IFPI Switzerland. Hung Medien. Retrieved August 16, 2019.
- "British album certifications – Doors – The Doors: Original Soundtrack Recording". British Phonographic Industry.Select albums in the Format field. Select Gold in the Certification field. Type The Doors: Original Soundtrack Recording in the "Search BPI Awards" field and then press Enter.
- "American album certifications – The Doors – The Doors (soundtrack)". Recording Industry Association of America.