The Doors (soundtrack)
|The Doors: Original Soundtrack Recording|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Recorded||August 1966 - 1967 - 1968 - 1969 - 1970 - 1971 and May 1978|
|Genre||Psychedelic rock, blues rock, acid rock|
|The Doors chronology|
The Doors: Original Soundtrack Recording is the soundtrack to Oliver Stone's 1991 film The Doors. It contains The Doors studio recordings, The Velvet Underground's "Heroin" as well as Carl Orff's Carmina Burana. None of Val Kilmer's performances of the Doors songs that are featured in the movie are included in the soundtrack.
The cover for the album is of Jim Morrison's character portrayed by Val Kilmer. It is a photo of Kilmer looking straight in the camera's lens. His face is in black and white and his hair has the color of burning flames, it is the same effect created on the movie's posters and advertising material.
The French release of the soundtrack features Jim Morrison walking in a hallway towards the viewer; he's also portrayed by Kilmer, and the photograph was also part of the advertising material especially in France.
|1.||"The Movie"||Jim Morrison||1:06|
|2.||"Riders on the Storm"||7:01|
|4.||"Break on Through (To the Other Side)"||2:26|
|6.||"Light My Fire"||7:06|
|8.||"Roadhouse Blues" (Live)"||Morrison||5:20|
|9.||"Heroin - The Velvet Underground and Nico"||Lou Reed||7:08|
|10.||"Carmina Burana: Introduction - The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra & Chorus"||Carl Orff||2:32|
|12.||"When the Music's Over"||10:56|
|13.||"The Severed Garden (Adagio)"||Giazotto/Albinoni||2:11|
Note: Played on all tracks except tracks 9-10
- Paul A. Rothchild – producer of all tracks except for tracks 2, 9-10, & 14
- Bruce Botnick – co-producer of the L.A. Woman tracks; engineer for all tracks except tracks 9-10
- Budd Carr – executive producer
- Oliver Stone – album director
- Lou Reed - lead guitar, lead vocals
- John Cale - electric viola
- Sterling Morrison - rhythm guitar
- Maureen Tucker - percussion
Note: The personnel for track 10
- Jerry Scheff – bass guitar on tracks 2, 7, & 14
- Douglass Lubahn – bass guitar on track 3
- Larry Knechtel (uncredited) – bass guitar on track 6
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000^|
|Canada (Music Canada)||Platinum||100,000^|
|Brazil (Pro-Música Brasil)||Gold||100,000*|
|Switzerland (IFPI Switzerland)||Gold||25,000^|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Gold||100,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "American album certifications – The Doors – The Doors: Original Soundtrack Recording". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH.
- "Canadian album certifications – The Doors – Soundtrack". Music Canada.
- "Brazilian album certifications – The Doors – The Doors: Original Soundtrack Recording" (in Portuguese). Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (The Doors; 'The Doors: Original Soundtrack Recording')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie.
- "The Official Swiss Charts and Music Community: Awards (The Doors; 'Soundtrack')". IFPI Switzerland. Hung Medien.
- "British album certifications – Doors – The Doors: Original Soundtrack Recording". British Phonographic Industry. Select albums in the Format field. Select Gold in the Certification field. Type The Doors: Original Soundtrack Recording in the "Search BPI Awards" field and then press Enter.