The Holdfast Chronicles
The series consists of four books:
- Walk to the End of the World (1974)
- Motherlines (1978)
- The Furies (1994)
- The Conqueror's Child (1999).
Salon.com reviewer Polly Shulman declared that "the Holdfast tetralogy offers a fascinating look back at the permutations of the feminist imagination in recent years, and it underlines the ideals and challenges faced by feminists ..."
The entire series was inducted into the Gaylactic Spectrum Hall of Fame in 2003. Motherlines and Walk to the End of the World won a retrospective James Tiptree, Jr. Award, and The Conqueror's Child won the award in 1999.
- Mohr, Dunja M. Worlds Apart: Dualism and Transgression in Contemporary Female Dystopias. Jefferson, NC, McFarland, 2005. [extensive chapter on the Holdfast series]
- The web site of Suzy McKee Charnas.
- Interview at SFFWorld.com
- Suzy McKee Charnas at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
|This article about a science fiction novel (or novels) is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.