The Lakes, Western Australia
Perth, Western Australia
|Population||45 (2011 census)|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Mundaring|
|State electorate(s)||Darling Range|
The Lakes is a locality in Western Australia within the Shire of Mundaring. It is located 50 kilometres (31 mi) east of the capital city of Perth at the junction of the Great Eastern Highway and the Great Southern Highway, and is the easternmost suburb within the Metropolitan Region Scheme. At the 2011 census, The Lakes had a population of 45.
The main features of the community include a roadhouse and service station at the junction between the highways. It borders on the western ward of the Shire of Northam and the community of Woottating.
It is also the locality in which Buckeridge Group of Companies (BGC) have quarrying operations. BGC trucks carting material from the quarry use as their main route the Great Eastern Highway to various locations in the Perth metropolitan area, including the brick manufacturing location close to Perth Airport.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "The Lakes (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- Herring Storer Acoustics; BGC (Australia) (2007), Environmental management plan. Operational noise measurement programme mining operations below 5 metres, BGC, Voyager Quarry, The Lakes, Western Australia, Herring Storer Acoustics, retrieved 13 November 2016
- Western Australia. Environmental Protection Authority; URS Australia. Proposed relocation of the Voyager Quarry : response to submissions (2005), Voyager Quarry, Avon Loc 1881, Lots 11 and 14 Horton Rd, The Lakes : BGC (Australia) Pty Ltd, Environmental Protection Authority, ISBN 978-0-7307-6809-8
- BGC (Australia); URS Australia (2007), Environmental management plans, Voyager Quarry relocation, The Lakes, W.A., ministerial statement 706, BGC (Australia), retrieved 13 November 2016
- Westralia Airports Corporation; BGC Clay Products. Environmental review (2005), BGC (Australia) Pty Ltd clay brick manufacturing plant : draft version major development plan, Westralia Airports Corporation, retrieved 13 November 2016
- Elliot, Ian (1983). Mundaring - A History of the Shire (2nd ed.). Mundaring: Mundaring Shire. ISBN 0-9592776-0-9.
- Spillman, Ken (2003). Life was meant to be here: community and local government in the Shire of Mundaring. Mundaring: Mundaring Shire. ISBN 0-9592776-3-3.
|This article about a location in Western Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|