The Seven Deadly Sins: Wrath of the Gods
|The Seven Deadly Sins: Wrath of the Gods|
season first key visual
|Country of origin||Japan|
|No. of episodes||1|
|Original network||TV Tokyo, BS TV Tokyo|
|Original release||October 9, 2019 –|
The Seven Deadly Sins: Wrath of the Gods (七つの大罪 神々の逆鱗 Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin) is an anime television series sequel to Revival of The Commandments. The new series was animated by Studio Deen and premiered on October 9, 2019. Susumu Nishizawa and Rintarō Ikeda replaced Takeshi Furuta and Takao Yoshioka as director and series composer respectively, with Hiroyuki Sawano, Kohta Yamamoto, and Takafumi Wada returned to reprise their roles as the music composers. The series is broadcasting on TV Tokyo and BS TV Tokyo. The opening theme song is "ROB THE FRONTIER" by Uverworld, and the ending theme song is performed by Sora Amamiya.
|Season No.||Series No.||English title
Original Japanese title
|Original air date|
|1||53||"The Light That Disperses Darkness"|
Transcription: "Yami wo Harau Hikari" (Japanese: 闇を払う光)
|October 9, 2019|
|Ban and Meliodas defeat a group of demons, saving villagers that had been captured as demons' food after falling into a trap set by another village in Camelot. As the two of them camp out, Meliodas recalls how his power increases exponentially when he returns to his former demonic self, but also the fear of losing himself that comes with it. The two of them continue to set out to eradicate demons, tracing the trap to a village in Camelot, where the Ten Commandments have made their stronghold. In the village, a young boy named Peliodas who aspires to be the Dragon's Sin of Wrath (Meliodas) attempts to fight the demons to stop his community from continually capturing sacrifices for them, but fails. They are ultimately saved by Ban and Meliodas, along with Gowther, Escanor, Merlin and Elizabeth. The King of Liones appoints Howzer as the new acting Great Holy Knight, needing a leader to rise during this dark age. Privately, the King also reveals to the current 5 members of the Seven Deadly Sins a premonition of his: the Sins will reassemble when the moon shines at midday and the fog hangs low in the royal capital. In the Fairy King's Forest, the final 2 members Diane and King encounter each other unexpectedly in a bathing river.|
|2||54||"Memories of the Holy War"|
Transcription: "Seisen no Kioku" (Japanese: 聖戦の記憶)
- "New Seven Deadly Sins TV Anime Premieres on October 9". Anime News Network. September 6, 2019. Retrieved September 6, 2019.
- "The Seven Deadly Sins Anime Gets Fall TV Show to 'Head Toward Climax' With New Studio". Anime News Network. April 9, 2019. Retrieved April 9, 2019.
- "The Seven Deadly Sins 'Season 4' release date confirmed for 2019: Nanatsu no Taizai Season 3 called Kamigami no Gekirin (Wrath of the Gods) – Manga compared to the anime [Spoilers]". Monsters and Critics. April 10, 2019. Retrieved April 10, 2019.
- Chapman, Paul (August 23, 2019). "Heroes and Villains Clash in The Seven Deadly Sins: Wrath of the Gods TV Anime Trailer". Crunchyroll. Retrieved August 24, 2019.
- "UVERworld Perform New Seven Deadly Sins TV Anime's Opening Theme Song". Anime News Network. August 23, 2019. Retrieved August 23, 2019.
- "ストーりー" (in Japanese). Retrieved May 1, 2018.