The State (album)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Studio album by Nickelback|
|Released||September 1, 1998
September 1999 (first re-release)
March 7, 2000 (second re-release)
|Recorded||January–February 1998; Burnaby, British Columbia|
EMI Music Canada (first and second reissues)
Roadrunner (third reissue)
|Singles from The State|
Original 1999 Cover
The State is the second studio album by Canadian rock band Nickelback. "Leader of Men" was the lead single from this album followed by "Old Enough", "Breathe" and "Worthy to Say". The album held a peak position of #130 on the Billboard 200. The album also held a peak position on Billboard Top Heatseekers Albums charts position #3 in 2000. The album was the band's first album to be certified Gold in both Canada and in the United States, it later went Platinum in Canada in April 2002 and then went Platinum in 2008 in the United States.
The State was recorded in 1998. In September 1998, The State was released independently with a blue album cover. In September of the next year, it was reissued on EMI Canada, with a re-formatted version of the original cover (the words "Nickelback" and "The State" were originally in yellow, in the same size near the right edge of the cover, on the EMI reissue, the word "Nickelback" was made into a bigger font and "The State" rendered in white, at the top of the cover). In 2000, it was reissued again on EMI Canada, this time with different artwork featuring a young boy in a jail cell. This was also the artwork used on the American, European and Australian releases on Roadrunner Records. In 2000 The State reached the Billboard 200 peaking 130. To support The State, Nickelback toured with 3 Doors Down, Creed, Sevendust, and Stone Temple Pilots. In early of 2001 the band played its final dates with Everclear. In March 2001 Nickelback won its first Juno Award for Best New Group.
|3.||"Leader of Men"||3:29|
|5.||"Worthy to Say"||4:05|
|8.||"One Last Run"||3:28|
|9.||"Not Leavin' Yet"||3:44|
|10.||"Hold Out Your Hand"||4:08|
|11.||"Leader of Men (Acoustic)"||3:23|
|"Leader of Men"|
|"Old Enough" "|
|Original||September 4, 1998|
|Re-release||March 7, 2000|
|German Albums (Offizielle Top 100)||57|
|UK Albums (OCC)||128|
|US Billboard 200||130|
|US Top Independent Albums||6|
|US Top Heatseekers||3|
|Canada (Music Canada)||Platinum||100,000^|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000^|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Silver||60,000^|
^shipments figures based on certification alone
- Griffith, JT. The State at AllMusic. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- "Longplay-Chartverfolgung at Musicline" (in German). Musicline.de. Phononet GmbH. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- "Nickelback | Artist | Official Charts". UK Albums Chart Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- "Canadian album certifications – Nickleback – The State". Music Canada.
- "American album certifications – Nickleback – The State". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH
- "British album certifications – Nickleback – The State". British Phonographic Industry. Enter The State in the field Keywords. Select Title in the field Search by. Select album in the field By Format. Select Silver in the field By Award. Click Search