Toll Global Forwarding
|Founded||Newcastle, Australia, (1888 )|
|Headquarters||Hong Kong, China|
|Revenue||A$306.2 million  (2014)|
|Profit||A$15.3 million  (2014)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Japan Post Holdings|
Toll Global Forwarding (TGF) is a division of the Toll Group. It provides international freight forwarding and supply chain management services that range from complex supply chain services through to port-to-port freight forwarding movements.
It has eight business units: Americas; Australia and New Zealand; Greater China; South Africa and Zambia; United Kingdom and Ireland; Mainland Europe; Middle East and Indian Sub Continent; and South East Asia. Headquartered in Hong Kong, it has a global network of over 70 offices in over 30 countries throughout Asia, Europe, North America, Africa, Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East.
TGF is the largest freight forwarder (in total twenty-foot equivalent unit (TEU) volume) to Asia.
In 2014 TGF reported they had more than 130 offices in 25 countries and about 5,500 employees.
The division’s global reach is to more than 220 countries and territories. TGF is active in six major trade lanes: Asia and Australia and New Zealand; Asia and the USA; Asia and Europe; Asia and the UK; Asia and South Africa; and Intra Asia. In 2014 TGF reported they are moving forward from acquisition to consolidation, and restructure to re-engineering and growth. During the 2014 financial year, TGF reduced costs and improved productivity.
In 2011 Toll acquired SAT Albatros (SAT), a Dubai based provider of sea-air services.
In 2009 Toll acquired Logistic Distribution Systems (LDS), a Dubai-based international freight forwarding company.
In 2009 Toll acquired Express Logistics Group (ELG), one of New Zealand’s largest freight forwarding companies.
In 2008 Toll acquired BALtrans Logistics.
Toll has a diverse fleet that can move freight in a range of sizes and configurations. Toll has a specialised fleet to transport perishable freight.
Certification and Accreditations
- ISO 9001:2008 - Quality Management Systems
- OHSAS 18001:2007 - Occupational Health and Safety System Management
- October 23, 2014 (2014-10-23). “Presentation Slides AGM 23 October 2014” Australian Stock Exchange. Retrieved 2014-10-23.
- June 19, 2012 (2012-06-09). “Toll Global Forwarding – Investor Day Hong Kong to the Australian Stock Exchange.” Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- Toll Group website. Retrieved 2013-07-07.
- February 1, 2011 (2011-02-01). “Toll buys Dubai-based forwarder”. Cargonews Asia. Retrieved 2013-07-22.
- February 2, 2010 (2010-02-02). “Toll acquires Summit Logistics.” The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- July 9, 2010 (2010-07-09). “Toll Group makes freight forwarding acquisitions.” Supply Chain Digital. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- November 9, 2009 (2009-11-09). “Toll Group expands in the Middle East.” 3PL/Logistics. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- November 2, 2009 (2009-11-02). “Toll Group Acquires NZ Freight Forwarder.” Logistics Insight Asia. Retrieved 2013-07-22.
- March 6, 2009 (2009-03-06). “Toll Global Forwarding Completes BALtrans Integration.” Logistics Insight Asia. Retrieved 2013-07-23.