Mejías in training with Real Madrid in 2012
|Full name||Tomás Mejías Osorio|
|Date of birth||30 January 1989|
|Place of birth||Madrid, Spain|
|Height||1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)|
(on loan from Middlesbrough)
|2007–2010||Real Madrid C||78||(0)|
|2008–2013||Real Madrid B||63||(0)|
|2014||→ Middlesbrough (loan)||1||(0)|
|2017–||→ Rayo Vallecano (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13:38, 21 February 2015 (UTC).
Mejías was born in Madrid. In 2001, aged 12, he joined local Real Madrid's youth academy from neighbouring amateurs CD Coslada. He made his professional debut in the 2007–08 season, playing five games for the reserves in Segunda División B.
As first-team manager José Mourinho decided to rest Iker Casillas, Mejías was selected for a La Liga home match against Getafe CF on 10 May 2011. He replaced another club youth graduate, Antonio Adán, for the last ten minutes of a 4–0 home win.
Mejías was selected in a 20-man squad for the first match of the 2011–12 campaign, at Real Zaragoza, being awarded the #52 jersey, but eventually did not make the bench. He contributed with 26 appearances in the following year, as the B's retained their Segunda División status.
On 11 February 2014, Mejías joined English Championship side Middlesbrough on loan until the end of the season. He made his debut for his new team on 1 March, in a 0–1 away loss against Sheffield Wednesday. It was his only appearance during the time of his loan, as he dislocated a finger in training and was sidelined for the rest of the campaign.
On 4 July 2014, Boro made the deal permanent and signed Mejías to a two-year contract. On 28 October of the following year, he saved from Wayne Rooney and Ashley Young as his team won in a penalty shootout away to Manchester United in the fourth round of the League Cup, also keeping a clean sheet for 120 minutes.
- As of 21 February 2015
|Real Madrid||La Liga||2010–11||1||0||0||0||0||0||—||1||0|
- Real Madrid
- Real Madrid Castilla
- Spain U20
- "EFL: Retained list: 2015/16" (PDF). English Football League. p. 31. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Madrid make Barca wait; ESPN Soccernet, 10 May 2011
- Twenty men tabbed for league debut; Real Madrid CF, 27 August 2011
- Boro sign loan keeper; Middlesbrough FC, 11 February 2014
- "Sheffield Wednesday 1–0 Middlesbrough: Nuhiu's late penalty sees Owls snatch victory against shot-shy Boro". Daily Mail. 1 March 2014. Retrieved 10 April 2014.
- "Tomas Mejias: Boro goalkeeper ruled out for four weeks with hand injury". Gazette Live. 7 March 2014. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "Middlesbrough sign Real Madrid goalkeeper Tomas Mejias". BBC Sport. 4 July 2014. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "Man Utd 0–0 Middlesbrough". BBC Sport. 28 October 2015. Retrieved 28 October 2015.
- "Tomás Mejías nuevo jugador del Rayo Vallecano" [Tomás Mejías new player of Rayo Vallecano] (in Spanish). Rayo Vallecano. 5 January 2017. Retrieved 8 January 2017.
- "Tomás". Soccerway. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- ITA – ESP 1:2 (0:0); Pescara 2009, 4 July 2009
- Tomás Mejías at BDFutbol