This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (April 2019)
|Alma mater||Brno University of Technology|
|Institutions||Johns Hopkins University|
Université de Montréal
Tomáš Mikolov is a Czech computer scientist working in the field of machine learning. He is currently[when?] a Research Scientist at Czech Institute of Informatics, Robotics and Cybernetics.
Mikolov obtained his PhD in Computer Science from Brno University of Technology for his work on recurrent neural network-based language models. He is the lead author of the 2013 paper that introduced the Word2vec technique in natural language processing and is an author on the FastText architecture.
Prior to joining Facebook in 2014, Mikolov worked as a visiting researcher at Johns Hopkins University, Université de Montréal, Microsoft and Google. He left Facebook at some time in 2019/2020 to join the Czech Institute of Informatics, Robotics and Cybernetics.
Mikolov has argued that humanity might be at a greater existential risk if an artificial general intelligence is not developed.
- ^ "Invited Talk at Brno University of Technology".
- ^ Mikolov, Tomas (2012). Statistical Language Models Based on Neural Networks (PDF) (PhD). Brno University of Technology.
- ^ Mikolov, Tomas; Chen, Kai; Corrado, Greg; Dean, Jeffrey (2013-09-06). "Efficient Estimation of Word Representations in Vector Space". arXiv:1301.3781 [cs.CL].
- ^ "References · fastText". fasttext.cc. Retrieved 2021-07-29.
- ^ Joulin, Armand; Grave, Edouard; Bojanowski, Piotr; Mikolov, Tomas (2016-08-09). "Bag of Tricks for Efficient Text Classification". arXiv:1607.01759 [cs.CL].
- ^ "Tomáš Mikolov Joins CIIRC CTU | RICAIP | AI". 22 May 2020.
- ^ "Not Creating A.I. May Be a Bigger Threat to Humanity, Says Facebook Expert". Inverse. Retrieved 2019-09-21.
- Tomáš Mikolov publications indexed by Google Scholar
- Living people
- Brno University of Technology alumni
- Machine learning researchers
- Facebook employees
- Czech computer scientists
- Artificial intelligence researchers
- Czech expatriates in the United States
- 1982 births
- Johns Hopkins University people
- Academic staff of the Université de Montréal
- Microsoft Research people
- Google people
- Natural language processing researchers
- Czech scientist stubs
- Computer scientist stubs