|Directed by||Marcus H. Rosenmüller|
|Music by||Gerd Baumann|
|8 November 2018 (Germany)|
Trautmann is an upcoming British-German biographical film, starring German actor David Kross as the footballer Bert Trautmann. Although the subject of the film was a sportsman, the film has been described as "not primarily a sports film" but instead a drama.
Growing up in Nazi Germany, Trautmann grew up indoctrinated in the mindset of his country at the time, before his recruitment as a soldier and subsequent capture by the British in 1944. His denazification in a prisoner-of-war camp in England and the kindness of the locals led him to reject his homeland and choose instead to remain in England, where he became a goalkeeper, first for St Helens Town and then for Manchester City. His signing was originally met with protests from the club's fans due to his background, but his career ultimately came to be seen as a symbol of Anglo-German rapprochement. Considered by some as one of the best goalkeepers in the history of the game, he is ultimately most famous for winning the FA Cup in 1956 without realising he had broken his neck during the game.
- David Kross as Bert Trautmann
- Freya Mavor as Margaret
- John Henshaw as Jack Friar
- Dave Johns as Roberts
- Chloe Harris as Betsy
- Mikey Collins as Alf Myers
- Gary Lewis as Jock Thompson
- Angus Barnett as Clive Thornton
- Karl Markovics as Rabbi Altmann
- Tony Wright / VerseChorusVerse as Ice Cream Man
Before Trautmann's death in 2013, Rosenmüller spent several days interviewing him about details for inclusion in the film.
- "Rosenmüller verfilmt das Leben der Torwart-Legende" [Rosenmüller filmed the life of goalkeeping legend]. abendzeitung-muenchen.de. 18 July 2017. Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- "German PoW and hero goalie stars in tale of reconciliation". The Guardian. 19 March 2017. Retrieved 26 March 2017.
- "David Kross to portray legendary goalie "Bert" Trautmann". screendaily. Archived from the original on 8 June 2016. Retrieved 26 March 2017.
- "Manchester City legend Bert Trautmann dies aged 89". BBC Sport. 19 July 2013. Retrieved 26 March 2017.
- "Bert Trautmann: from Nazi paratrooper to hero of Manchester City". The Guardian. 11 April 2010. Retrieved 26 March 2017.
- Wilson, Steve (3 October 2005). "A life less ordinary". ESPN. Retrieved 17 August 2008.
- "Bert Trautmann obituary". The Guardian. 19 July 2013. Retrieved 26 March 2017.
- "Keeper of legends: From enemy to friend – Anglo-German relations could not be in better hands". The Independent. 6 May 2006. Retrieved 26 March 2017.
- "Bert Trautmann: From German prisoner of war to English footballing icon". goal.com. 20 July 2013. Retrieved 26 March 2017.
- "Trautmann breaks neck in Cup final [video]". BBC Sport. 19 July 2013. Retrieved 26 March 2017.
- "Man City legend biopic 'Trautmann' begins filming in Belfast". The Irish Times. 8 June 2017. Retrieved 10 June 2017.