The US cover artwork for Tuneland
Tuneland is a musical children's computer game, produced in 1993 by a division of 7th Level, Kids' World Entertainment. The cartoon video game follows the character Little Howie, who is voiced by the television personality Howie Mandel on an adventure around Old McDonald's Farm.
Tuneland was followed by the Lil' Howie series: Lil' Howie's Great Word Adventure, Lil' Howie's Great Math Adventure, and Lil' Howie's Great Reading Adventure. The series has won 36 awards.
The eight locations in the game are the barnyard, the farmhouse, the barn, the pond, grandma's house, the train station, the mountain, and the valley.
The game contains around 40 songs, which are primarily nursery rhymes. These include "Old MacDonald", "Turkey in the Straw, "Three Blind Mice", "I'm a Little Teapot", "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Bingo". The CD can also be used as an audio disk or with the built in Jukebox to listen to the songs featured in the game.
Tuneland's cast features a large number of musicians including the Doobie Brothers' Jeff "Skunk" Baxter and Pink Floyd's David Gilmour on guitars. Jon Anderson from Yes provides some vocals and Scott Page of Supertramp performs on the soundtrack for the game.
Tuneland received various awards including World Class Award for Children's CD-ROM Game from PC World, and an Award in Excellence from the Film Advisory Board. In 1994 it was also featured in the Top 10 Best Kids Products of the Year from Entertainment Weekly and the Top 100 CD-ROMs from PC Magazine.
Coming soon of Lil' Howie's Funhouse in 2020's.
- "Tuneland". University of Alabama in Huntsville. Archived from the original on April 18, 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- "Tuneland". Atari Magazines. July 1994. Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- "Tuneland". Film Advisory Board. Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- "Tuneland". CD Access. Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- "Tuneland triumphs: interactive children's CD-ROM recognized by film, parent and computer organizations and publications - SEVL". Business Wire. 1994-11-29. Retrieved 2008-06-10.
|This music video game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This educational computer and video game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|