|3rd Prime Minister of Albania|
March 7, 1914 – September 3, 1914
|Preceded by||Fejzi Bej Alizoti|
|Succeeded by||Essad Pasha Toptani|
December 25, 1918 – January 29, 1920
|Preceded by||Essad Pasha Toptani|
|Succeeded by||Sulejman Delvina|
|Wali of Crete|
|Preceded by||Mahmud Celaleddin Pasha|
|Succeeded by||Alexander Karatheodori Pasha|
12 March 1896 – May 1896
|Preceded by||Alexander Karatheodori Pasha|
|Succeeded by||Kölemen Abdullah Pasha|
Përmet, Ottoman Empire (now Albania)
|Died||18 February 1927
He held the title of Pasha of the Ottoman Empire.
Among the Ottoman posts he occupied were Governor of Crete 1895 and 1896, and ambassador in Saint Petersburg. He was a fluent Greek speaker and considered a capable though rather indecisive administrator. His governorship of Crete ended with the insurrection of May 24, 1896 that eventually led to the loss of the island by the Ottoman Empire.
He served as Prime Minister of Albania in 1914, and then again in 1918–1920. Succeeding Fejzi Bej Alizoti, he became Albania’s third prime minister and the first to serve under Prince Wied. Përmeti’s contemporaries argued that, because he had lacked affiliation with the Albanian national cause, he was not familiar with the needs of Albanians. His premiership was interrupted by Albanian discontent twice. He was overthrown by Essad Pasha in 1914, and then by the Congress of Lushnjë in 1920.
Government of Durrës
The composition of government was proposed since the first session of the meetings.
Government of the Principality of Albania: 28 December 1918 – 28 January 1920:
- Turhan Përmeti - Head of State and Prime Minister of Albania
- Prênk Bibë Doda - Deputy Prime Minister
- Myfid Libohova - Deputy Prime Minister and Minister without portfolio
- Monsignor Luigj Bumçi - Minister without portfolio
- Mustafa Merlika-Kruja - Minister of Posts and Telegraphs
- Mihal Turtulli - Minister without portfolio
- Mehmet Konica - Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Sami Bey Vrioni - Minister of Agriculture
- Mit'hat Frashëri - Minister without portfolio
- Luigj Gurakuqi - Minister of Education
- Lef Nosi - Minister of National Economy (short time)
- Mehdi Frashëri - Minister of the Interior
- Fejzi Alizoti - Minister of Finances
- Petro Poga - Minister of Justice
- Pearson, Owen S. (2004). Albania and King Zog (illustrated ed.). I.B. Tauris. ISBN 1-84511-013-7.[permanent dead link]
- Swire, John (1971). Albania: The Rise of a Kingdom. New York: Arno Press. p. 313.
- Kongresi i Durrësit, 25 dhjetor 1918 [Congress of Durres, Dec 25 1918] (in Albanian), Gazeta Republika, 2012-12-27, retrieved 2013-12-15
- Pearson 2006, pp. 117.
- Elsie 2010, pp. 273.
- Chekrezi 1919, pp. 186.
- Özdalga 2011, pp. 327.
- Elsie 2010, pp. 179.
- Elsie 2010, pp. 334.
- Fejzi Alizoti, Dorëzohen kujtimet e ministrit të Ismail Qemalit [Fejzi Alizoti, handed over the memories of the Minister of Ismail Qemali] (in Albanian), Gazeta Shqip, 2012-12-02, retrieved 2013-12-16
|Prime Minister of Albania
March 15, 1914–September 3, 1914
|Prime Minister of Albania
December 25, 1918–January 29, 1920