Turning Point (2010 wrestling)
|Turning Point (2010)|
Promotional poster featuring Jeff Hardy
|"Turning Point" by F.I.L.T.H.E.E. feat. Smoke Dza|
|Promotion||Total Nonstop Action Wrestling|
|Date||November 7, 2010|
|Turning Point chronology|
Turning Point (2010) was a professional wrestling pay-per-view event produced by Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA), that took place on November 7, 2010 at the Impact Zone in Orlando, Florida. It was the seventh event under the Turning Point chronology.
The main event featured Jeff Hardy defending the TNA World Heavyweight Championship against Matt Morgan, which Hardy won following the Twist of Hate. Rob Van Dam versus Tommy Dreamer in a No Disqualification match was also featured on the card. Van Dam defeated Dreamer in the contest. The main bouts on the undercard included Jeff Jarrett versus Samoa Joe, which Jarrett won through making Joe pass out to his signature Rear Naked Choke, and in a Ten Man Tag Team match, Fortune (A.J. Styles, Kazarian, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, and James Storm) battled EV 2.0 (Raven, Rhino, Sabu, Stevie Richards and Brian Kendrick), where Fortune won after Styles executed the Styles Clash on Sabu from the top rope.
Turning Point featured eight professional wrestling matches that involved different wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds and storylines. Wrestlers portrayed villains, heroes, or less distinguishable characters in the scripted events that built tension and culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches.
|1||Robbie E (with Cookie) defeated Jay Lethal (c)||Singles match for the TNA X Division Championship||10:42|
|2||Mickie James fought Tara to a no-contest||Singles match||10:17|
|3||The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin) (c) defeated Team 3D (Brother Devon and Brother Ray)||Tag team match for the TNA World Tag Team Championship||18:08|
|4||Rob Van Dam defeated Tommy Dreamer||No Disqualification match||16:53|
|5||Fortune (A.J. Styles, Kazarian, Douglas Williams, James Storm and Robert Roode) defeated EV 2.0 (Raven, Rhino, Sabu, Stevie Richards and Brian Kendrick)||Ten-man tag team match; since EV 2.0 lost, Fortune would earn the right to fire one of its members. Ric Flair chose to fire Sabu.||12:05|
|6||Abyss defeated D'Angelo Dinero||Lumberjack match, where the lumberjacks were members of Dinero's Congregation||13:02|
|7||Jeff Jarrett defeated Samoa Joe||Singles match||10:32|
|8||Jeff Hardy (c) defeated Matt Morgan||Singles match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship||13:06|
- "This Sunday: Turning Point Live On PPV". Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- "TNA: Turning Point". iN DEMAND. Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- "Turning Point 2010". Pro Wrestling History. Retrieved 2010-11-26.
- Martin, Adam (2010-08-05). "Dates for the final two TNA PPV events this year". WrestleView. Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- Grabianowski, Ed. "How Pro Wrestling Works". HowStuffWorks, Inc. Discovery Communications. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- Caldwell, James (2010-11-07). "Caldwell's TNA Turning Point PPV Results 11/7: Ongoing "virtual time" coverage of live PPV - Hardy vs. Morgan, EV2 vs. Fortune, Team 3D "retirement" match". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2010-11-07.