|Born||Ty Keegan Simpkins
August 6, 2001
New York City, New York, U.S
|Height||5' 6" (1.68 m)|
Ty Keegan Simpkins (born August 6, 2001) is an American child actor. His major film roles include Iron Man 3 (2013), alongside James Wan's horror stories Insidious and the sequel Insidious: Chapter 2, and Jurassic World (2015). He appeared with his real-life sister, Ryan Simpkins, in the films Pride and Glory, Revolutionary Road, and Arcadia.
Life and career
Simpkins was born in New York City, to Monique and Stephen Simpkins. He first appeared on TV when he was three weeks old. His first role was on One Life to Live where he shared the recurring role as John "Jack" Cramer. He was already asked for this role when he wasn't born yet. Simpkins soon started a recurring role as Jude Cooper Bauer on The Guiding Light, in which he went on to be "Jude" for about four years. He guest starred in Law & Order: Criminal Intent, and a handful of commercials and print ads.
Simpkins' film break was in Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds (2005). Next was a featured role in All the King's Men (2006) where he played a young version of Jude Law's character; leading up to Simpkins' playing Aaron in the multiple-award-winning Little Children (2006). Simpkins went on to film Pride and Glory (2008), in which he and his sister, actress Ryan Simpkins, play the children of Colin Farrell. Simpkins also completed Gardens of the Night (2008) and then in Revolutionary Road (2008), in which he again starred alongside his real-life sister Ryan. Simpkins has guest-starred on CSI, Private Practice and Family of Four. In September 2009, he signed on to play Luke in the 2010 film The Next Three Days. He also played Dalton Lambert in Insidious (2011) and Insidious: Chapter 2 (2013)..
In 2013, Simpkins starred alongside Robert Downey, Jr. in the live-action film Iron Man 3, as Stark's sidekick, Harley Keener. This was the first time a child had been featured prominently in the Iron Man films. Simpkins signed a 3-picture deal with Marvel Studios. He starred in the 2015 film Jurassic World, and will appear as Adam in Meadowland, Max in the SXSW film Hangman, and as Bobby in The Nice Guys, in 2016.
|2005||War of the Worlds||3 Year Old Boy|
|2006||Little Children||Aaron Adamson|
|2008||Gardens of the Night||Dylan Whitehead|
|2008||Pride and Glory||Matthew Egan|
|2008||Revolutionary Road||Michael Wheeler|
|2009||Family of Four||Tommy Baker|
|2010||The Next Three Days||Luke|
|2013||Iron Man 3||Harley Keener||Nominated – Saturn Award for Best Performance by a Younger Actor|
|2013||Insidious: Chapter 2||Dalton Lambert|
|2015||Jurassic World||Gray Mitchell|
|2016||The Nice Guys||Bobby||Filming|
|2017||Life Briefly||Brian Knapp|
|2001–02||One Life to Live||Jonathan "Jack" Manning / Annoying Baby||4 episodes|
|2001–05||The Guiding Light||Jude Cooper Bauer||47 episodes|
|2005||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Jake Nikos||Episode: "Ex Stasis"|
|2008||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Tyler Waldrip||Episode: "A Thousand Days on Earth"|
|2008||Private Practice||Braden Tisch||Episode: "Past Tense"|
|2015||Lego Jurassic World||Gray Mitchell|
|2015||Lego Dimensions||Gray Mitchell|
- Riordan, Kevin (June 18, 2006). "Child actors play for a living". Courier Post. Retrieved November 23, 2010.
- Vancheri, Barbara (December 30, 2006). "Study in Suburban Angst". Google archive (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette). p. 53. Retrieved April 20, 2010.
- Douresseaux, Leroy (June 7, 2007). "Winslet and Haley Anchor Little Children (2007 Oscar Nominee)". Comicbookbin. Retrieved April 20, 2010.
- "A 'Titanic'Class Reunion". Newsweek. December 8, 2008. Retrieved April 20, 2010.
- "Leonardo DiCaprio with his siblings Ryan and Ty". Insider. August 8, 2007. Retrieved April 20, 2010.
- Fernandez, Jay A. (September 23, 2009). "Trio pencil in 'Three Days'". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 20, 2010.[dead link]
- Zorianna, Kit. ""Iron Man 3" goes back to basics in a quest to save the U.S.". Reuters. Retrieved 27 April 2013.
- Iron Man 3 Exclusive: Ty Simpkins Talks Cut Kiss Scene & 3 Picture Deal
- Ty Simpkins Lands Lead In ‘Jurassic World’