Ty Keegan Simpkins
August 6, 2001
|Alma mater||San Diego State University|
|Relatives||Ryan Simpkins (sibling)|
Ty Keegan Simpkins (born August 6, 2001) is an American actor. His notable film roles include Dalton Lambert in the supernatural horror film Insidious (2011), its sequel Insidious: Chapter 2 (2013) and Gray Mitchell in the sci-fi action Jurassic World (2015). He is also known for his appearances in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Harley Keener in Iron Man 3 (2013) and Avengers: Endgame (2019). Simpkins will return as Gray in the 2022 upcoming sequel Jurassic World: Dominion.
Early life and education
Simpkins was born in New York City, to Monique and Stephen Simpkins. His elder sibling is actor Ryan Simpkins. In 2020, he began attending San Diego State University and is a member of the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity.
Sympkins first appeared on TV when he was three weeks old. His first role was on One Life to Live where he shared the recurring role as John "Jack" Cramer. Simpkins then had a recurring role as Jude Cooper Bauer on Guiding Light, in which he went on to be "Jude" for about four years. He guest starred in Law & Order: Criminal Intent and a handful of commercials and print ads.
Simpkins made his film debut in Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds (2005). Next was a featured role in All the King's Men (2006) where he played a young version of Jude Law's character, and he played Aaron in the multiple-award-winning Little Children (2006). Simpkins went on to film Pride and Glory (2008), in which he and his sibling, actor Ryan Simpkins, play the children of Colin Farrell. Simpkins also completed Gardens of the Night (2008) and then Revolutionary Road (2008), in which he again starred alongside his real-life sibling Ryan. Simpkins has guest-starred on CSI, Private Practice and Family of Four. In September 2009, he signed on to play Luke in the 2010 film The Next Three Days. He also played Dalton Lambert in Insidious (2011) and Insidious: Chapter 2 (2013).
In 2013, Simpkins starred alongside Robert Downey Jr. in the live-action film Iron Man 3, as Stark's sidekick, Harley Keener (he also reprises his role in Lego Marvel's Avengers). This was the first time a child had been featured prominently in the Iron Man films. He appeared in Iron Man 3 director Shane Black's 2016 film, The Nice Guys.
In 2019, he reprised the role of Harley Keener in a cameo during Tony Stark's funeral at the end of the film Avengers: Endgame. Simpkins admitted that he had to keep Stark's death, and his own cameo, a secret for two years.
|2005||War of the Worlds||3 Year Old Boy|
|2006||Little Children||Aaron Adamson|
|2008||Gardens of the Night||Dylan Whitehead|
|Pride and Glory||Matthew Egan|
|Revolutionary Road||Michael Wheeler|
|2009||Family of Four||Tommy Baker|
|2010||The Next Three Days||Luke Brennan|
|2013||Iron Man 3||Harley Keener|
|Insidious: Chapter 2||Dalton Lambert|
|Jurassic World||Gray Mitchell|
|2016||The Nice Guys||Bobby|
|2018||Insidious: The Last Key||Dalton Lambert||Archive footage|
|2019||Avengers: Endgame||Harley Keener||Cameo appearance|
|2001–2002||One Life to Live||Jack Manning||4 episodes|
|2001–2005||Guiding Light||Jude Cooper Bauer||47 episodes|
|2005||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Jake Nikos||Episode: "Ex Stasis"|
|2008||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Tyler Waldrip||Episode: "A Thousand Days on Earth"|
|Private Practice||Braden Tisch||Episode: "Past Tense"|
|2016||Family Guy||Little Drummer Boy||Episode: "How the Griffin Stole Christmas"|
|2015||Lego Jurassic World||Gray Mitchell||Voice|
Awards and nominations
|2014||Iron Man 3||Best Performance by a Younger Actor||Nominated|
|Young Artist Awards|
|2016||Jurassic World||Best Performance in a Feature Film - Leading Young Actor (11 - 13)||Nominated|
|Young Entertainer Awards|
|2016||Jurassic World||Best Younger Actor||Nominated|
|Broadway World Los Angeles Awards|
|2018||Cabaret||Best Supporting Actor||Nominated|
- Simpkins, Ty (August 6, 2018). "Hey thanks everyone". Twitter.
- Riordan, Kevin (June 18, 2006). "Child actors play for a living". Courier Post. Retrieved November 23, 2010.
- "Picture of Ty Simpkins in General Pictures - ty-simpkins-1598161141.jpg | Teen Idols 4 You". www.teenidols4you.com. Retrieved 2020-12-25.
- Vancheri, Barbara (December 30, 2006). "Study in Suburban Angst". Google archive. Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. p. 53. Retrieved April 20, 2010.
- Douresseaux, Leroy (June 7, 2007). "Winslet and Haley Anchor Little Children (2007 Oscar Nominee)". Comicbookbin. Retrieved April 20, 2010.
- "A 'Titanic'Class Reunion". Newsweek. December 8, 2008. Retrieved April 20, 2010.
- "Leonardo DiCaprio with his siblings Ryan and Ty". The Insider. August 8, 2007. Archived from the original on July 8, 2009. Retrieved April 20, 2010.
- Fernandez, Jay A. (September 23, 2009). "Trio pencil in 'Three Days'". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on October 9, 2009. Retrieved April 20, 2010.
- Zorianna, Kit. ""Iron Man 3" goes back to basics in a quest to save the U.S." Reuters. Retrieved April 27, 2013.
- Bradley, Bill (29 May 2019). "'Avengers: Endgame' Actor Reveals Secrets About That Surprise Cameo". HuffPost. Retrieved 25 April 2021.
- Kleinman, Jake (23 April 2020). "'Avengers: Endgame' actor reveals how Marvel kept Iron Man's death a secret for 2 years". Inverse. Retrieved 2021-04-25.
- "Iron Man 3 Exclusive: Ty Simpkins Talks Cut Kiss Scene & 3 Picture Deal". Comicbook.com.
- Fleming, Mike Jr. (October 14, 2013). "Ty Simpkins Lands Lead In 'Jurassic World'".
- Staff, B. W. W. "Vote For The 2018 BroadwayWorld Los Angeles Award; WAITRESS Leads Best Musical Tour!". BroadwayWorld.com.