User talk:Alison/Archive 71
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
- 1 Jodie Foster
- 2 The Wikipedia Library Survey
- 3 FYI
- 4 Accidental revert?
- 5 Response
- 6 Vanishing a blocked user
- 7 Your support to merge
- 8 You're invited: Art & Feminism Edit-a-thon
- 9 Block review
- 10 Holiday season
- 11 Stephanie Adams indefinite protection
- 12 Photos of Andy Irvine (musician)
- 13 FILTHY IRISH WHORE ALISON CASSIDY PROMOTING ISLAMIC PROPAGANDA ON WIKIPEDIA. THIS IS WHY WIKIPEDIA IS AN ANTI-SEMITIC PILE OF SHIT THAT NO ONE TAKES SERIOUSLY.
Who says I'm adding anything entailing her sexuality? It's been public knowledge she is amongst the LGBT community, it's more than right to add the appropriate categories. Rusted AutoParts 21:28, 2 December 2013 (UTC)
- I'm bisexual myself, and have no interest either way. But you're going to need a whole lot more than "the LGBT community says so" or "it's common knowledge". Not good enough. The same issue exists with the Tim Cook article; gotta have reliable sources - Alison ❤ 21:31, 2 December 2013 (UTC)
-  Rusted AutoParts 21:37, 2 December 2013 (UTC)
The Wikipedia Library Survey
As a subscriber to one of The Wikipedia Library's programs, we'd like to hear your thoughts about future donations and project activities in this brief survey. Thanks and cheers, Ocaasi t | c 15:23, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
- OMG - mistake!!! I was on my cell at the time. I'm really sorry! Thanks for the revert, guys! - Alison ❤ 09:01, 17 December 2013 (UTC)
I must respectfully disagree. A while back, the user and I had a very similar disagreement and a number of users gave opinions, all of whom disagreed with him. He'd already done this once today and was reverted by someone other than me. It clearly wasn't good faith, since it was rehashing an old disagreement without discussion and he knew it would likely provoke a disagreement. Plus, he's been around a long time, so he had to figure that outright removing verifiable information, then reverting the re-addition twice (all without attempting to open a discussion), was not okay. To me, that's vandalism. Plain and simple. -- Scorpion0422 03:20, 18 December 2013 (UTC)
- Both of you have been around long enough to know better. And you should also know not to go baiting them now they're blocked, regardless of their behavior. Try to be the better person, ok? Because if you keep swinging by to thumb your nose, I'll block your account too (and I'm not a block-happy admin) - Alison ❤ 03:23, 18 December 2013 (UTC)
- It's okay, it appears that he's decided to move on. I interpret his response as "You make sense, and I can't argue with that, but rather than saying that, I'm going to attempt to be witty." What's truly amazing is that I didn't leave a comment like that on his page. Perhaps I'm learning something. -- Scorpion0422 03:29, 18 December 2013 (UTC)
Vanishing a blocked user
Do you think there's anything that could be done to resolve this situation? (link to revision with the full exchange). It might be nice & Christmas-ish to grant em their wish somehow. Tarc (talk) 01:49, 21 December 2013 (UTC)
Your support to merge
just a quick question. Why do you support merging Tropes vs Women to Anita Sarkeesian and commenting it it's a textbook POV:FORK? I would like to see you pinpoint the text it (aka I) went POV in the article. IMO I didn't put anything POV in the video series article.Nosepea68 (talk) 07:26, 21 December 2013 (UTC)
You're invited: Art & Feminism Edit-a-thon
|Art & Feminism Edit-a-Thon - You are invited!|
|Hi Alison! The first Art and Feminism Edit-a-thon will be held on Saturday, February 1, 2014 in San Francisco.|
Any editors interested in the intersection of feminism and art are welcome. Wikipedians of all experience levels are invited! Experienced editors will be on hand to help new editors.
Hi Alison. Could you please do me a favour and review your CU blocks at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject on open proxies/IP indefblock review 2014/CU blocks. There is some discussion at WT:OP and some other places. It would be great if you could just say yay or nay either way for each. It is OK to say yes leave indefblocked - no pressure :). Some of the older blocks were made by non-active or non-current checkusers. Could you please have a look at them as well? Thanks. -- zzuuzz (talk) 15:07, 24 December 2013 (UTC)
- Your talk page, like some others I could think of, is such a nice place. After seeing it over and over... , well, you sum it up well. Feel free to muck in with the other stuff if there's ever a chance, but thanks again. -- zzuuzz (talk) 11:07, 28 December 2013 (UTC)
Not sure which is politically correct for you Ali, so I'll just wish you a Merry Christmas, a Happy Holiday Season and a Wonderful Next Year. Quis separabit? 19:28, 24 December 2013 (UTC)
Stephanie Adams indefinite protection
Hi, I'd like to add the Category: African-American Playboy Playmates to her article. Will you give me a window of time to do so or if you wouldn't mind, just add it? Best regards, --Scalhotrod - Just your average banjo playing, drag racing, cowboy... (talk) 05:24, 26 December 2013 (UTC)
Photos of Andy Irvine (musician)
First of all: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year for 2014.
For the last few months (since 22 July 2013), I have been updating the article on Andy Irvine and I am pleased to say that this helped the article being upgraded from 'Start class' to 'C' yesterday.
Today, I came across the photo you uploaded into Commons, of Andy Irvine on stage with Dónal Lunny, Liam O'Flynn and Paddy Glackin (a.k.a. 'LAPD'); I was very pleased to be able to add this photo into the 'LAPD' section of the article; thank you for making this possible.
If/when you have the time and inclination, Alison, please would you be kind enough to have a look at this article? There are only two photos in it and I am sure you will conclude that it could do with a few more, about Andy's various projects over the decades.
However, one task I am not good at is uploading images into Commons, because I am bewildered by the licensing rules and I therefore find the uploading process confusing and somewhat frustrating.
Therefore, the purpose of this message (a desperate plea, really...) is simply to seek your assistance, since your Wikimedia page is clear about your motivation to upload photos; if you were willing to add more photos of Andy into Commons, then I would be able to retrieve them and include them into the article.
I am sure you have tons of urgent or more worthy things to do with your precious time and you might not be interested in helping me with this; however, if I hadn't asked, I would never have known that you might have said 'Yes!'.
So, I look forward to receiving your reply, whenever convenient, and I will respect your decision as final, one way or the other. However, I am hopeful that you might also be one of Andy's fans and therefore willing to help me make his article even better than it already is. So, Alison: thank you for your consideration to the present request.
With kindest regards for now;
FILTHY IRISH WHORE ALISON CASSIDY PROMOTING ISLAMIC PROPAGANDA ON WIKIPEDIA. THIS IS WHY WIKIPEDIA IS AN ANTI-SEMITIC PILE OF SHIT THAT NO ONE TAKES SERIOUSLY.
- To be honest, Jeremy, you'd be way better off finding a better use of your time during the holidays than posting masturbatory screeds on Wikipedia from your mom's house. I've managed to largely get away from here (I've a busy life IRL) and so can you. How many years have you been posting this shite? Seven?? I mean, who exactly is 'winning' here, y'know? - Alison ❤ 09:11, 28 December 2013 (UTC)
- Besides, I liked Eurotrash - Alison ❤ 09:14, 28 December 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry to just come in like this Admin Alison (I happened to stumble upon it, as one does!) but, is this for real? I mean, the barrage of insults from the OP? Oh please let him (Jeremy?) be serious...because it would be too funny. And sad. --Somchai Sun (talk) 21:49, 31 December 2013 (UTC)