- 1 Another Gallup request
- 2 Disambiguation link notification for September 2
- 3 Monopoly (game)
- 4 Draft:The Flash (season 1)
- 5 Email
- 6 DYK for SpongeBob SquarePants (season 9)
- 7 Main Page Barnstar
- 8 Advice needed
- 9 Wikipedia:Cleanup
- 10 NPR Newsletter No.13 18 September 2018
- 11 Inspired (Schools Group)
- 12 I have unreviewed a page you curated
Another Gallup request
Hi, AmericanAir88! I have posted a new request for Gallup (company) that you can see here. The request is to develop a new section focusing on Gallup's services, and raises the question of whether Gallup Poll should be split into its own standalone article. I'm interested to see what you think. A reminder: I have a financial conflict of interest, as I'm offering these updates on behalf of the company as part of my work with Beutler Ink, so I'm looking for other editors to review. I appreciate all the reviews you have done on the page so far. Do you have any time to also review this request? Thanks for considering, Danilo Two (talk) 12:55, 29 August 2018 (UTC)
- Hi, AmericanAir88! I don't mean to bother you, but I wanted to give you another friendly ping to see if you have any interest in reviewing my newest Gallup request. You've been a huge help in updating this article, and now that I'm closing in toward the end of my requests, I want to give you an opportunity to review. Of course, if you don't have the time, I can reach out to other editors as well. Thanks again for considering, Danilo Two (talk) 17:58, 5 September 2018 (UTC)
- Hello again, AmericanAir88! An editor has declined this request at Gallup (company), but I would love to get your feedback on it as well since you have been so thorough in your previous reviews of my requests there. The reviewing editor cited no specific concerns with the content of my request, but rather general ones about COI editing. I still think the current article is troublesome because it largely focuses on one aspect of Gallup's business. You'll see my proposed updates cite independent, secondary sources. Of course, if you see any POV issues, I'm more than happy to adjust as necessary. I also posted a note to editor Rjensen, who said they would be willing to look at my request. Thank you again for considering, Danilo Two (talk) 20:50, 18 September 2018 (UTC)
The copy edit you requested from the Guild of Copy Editors of the afticle Monopoly (game) has been completed.
Do let me know if you have ny questions or concerns.
I know you are hoping for a "smooth" review for your GAN nomination. From a grammatical standpoint I think his will be the case. I did spend quite a bit of time trying to find citations for many unsourced statements with some success. I was not successful in every case, however, and this may prove a problem during the review. You should probably try to resolve the unsourced "issues" if you can before submitting your GAN. I also fixed the formatting of many citations so they are consistent with the rest of the article.
At 11,000+ words this article is a brute. Reviewers may balk at its length, but I cannot see how it can be shortened and still do the subject justice. Many sections have been spun off with articles of their own; I don't see anywhere else where this could be done to allow the original to be shortened.
With all that being said, best of luck with the GAN.
@Twofingered Typist: Thank you so much for this. I am also part of the GOCE but could not have the time to do this! This will get you far in the drive for sure. Thank you so much for this again. AmericanAir88(talk) 18:06, 3 September 2018 (UTC)
- @Kailash29792: Sure. AmericanAir88(talk) 01:57, 8 September 2018 (UTC)
DYK for SpongeBob SquarePants (season 9)
Main Page Barnstar
|The Main Page Barnstar|
|Congratulations for promoting SpongeBob SquarePants (season 9) to the Main Page, your first DYK! It got over 5,000 views, which means it is eligible to be added to the Stats page. See here. Congrats again! MX (✉ • ✎) 14:13, 13 September 2018 (UTC)|
Please check my contribution Draft:Roman Avdeev. This is a properly stated COI contribution. I would appreciate your advice on what needs to be improved and corrected. -- Bbarmadillo (talk) 13:05, 16 September 2018 (UTC) @Bbarmadillo: Hello, try to make the article as unbiased as possible and take out things that do not need to be in the encyclopedia. For example, does wikipedia need to contain information that he is a vegetarian? Also try and incorporate the business career into prose instead of bullet points. Bullets look like you are giving positive traits.
- Thank you for your suggestions. I decided to keep his current assets as list to avoid too many details that are related to acquisitions, changes and so on. Otherwise it will be "bought in XXX" - "sold in XXX", too many details. Will remove some trivia per your advice. --Bbarmadillo (talk) 14:17, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
I removed your addition, because they way you worded it, it appeared as though I had posted it. Feel free to re-add it underneath my comment, and don't forget to add your signature. Cheers, North America1000 20:09, 17 September 2018 (UTC)
- @Northamerica1000: Thank you for this, I forgot to add it underneath and sign it. Always can count on you. AmericanAir88(talk) 20:32, 17 September 2018 (UTC)
NPR Newsletter No.13 18 September 2018
Inspired (Schools Group)
Hi there! I created Draft:Inspired (Schools Group). The article has been properly stated as a COI contribution. Thank you for reviewing the draft! I have cleaned it up of unnecessary biased language. Will you kindly advise on how to improve the style before I resubmit, in order for it to be moved into the public space? It would be much appreciated! -- Page Perigrination (talk) 07:57, 18 September 2018 (GMT+2)