I own the global account DaveRo. On fr.wikipedia I was user DaveR (I cannot remember why - probably DaveRo was unavailable). DaveR has just been renamed to DaveR~frwiki.
Can my French DaveR contributions be merged into DaveRo? Both have the same email address.
- There is a DaveRo account on the French Wikipedia, but it seems from fr:Spécial:Contributions/DaveRo that it has made no contributions. You should be able to WP:USURP it, but you need to apply on FR-wiki at fr:Wikipédia:Demande de renommage de compte utilisateur/Usurpation. JohnCD (talk) 18:57, 20 March 2015 (UTC)
- I think you misunderstand. DaveRo on French wiki is me - since it was made global. It has no contribs because I didn't know it existed until today. Presumably I can use it now.
- My contribs on French wiki were done under DaveR which IIUC I cannot now use - it's been changed and is now somebody elses.
- I read the userp page (and found it hard to understand) but it didn't seem to cover this case. If it does surely DaveRo should userp DaveR, not the other way around. But DaveR is now someone else!
- Yes, I did misunderstand. What you really want, I think, is for DaveR~frwiki to usurp DaveRo. Anyway, the place to ask is the French Bureaucrats' noticeboard fr:Wikipédia:Bulletin des bureaucrates. Explain the situation there: they must be dealing with a good many cases like this. JohnCD (talk) 20:52, 20 March 2015 (UTC)