Links to erfgoedbot search/statistics pages
Hi Multichill, thanks for making this critical tool for WLM. I was looking for the 'Search Monuments' and 'Statistics' pages mentioned toward the bottom of the infographic on Erfgoedbot's userpage, but I haven't been able to find them at a glance. I imagine others might run into this problem. Could you please provide links to those pages? Would it make sense to include the links on the userpage here and on Commons? Best, Emw (talk) 11:04, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
More frequent updates?
Morning, Any possibility of running this bot more frequently during WLM? Noticed the bot has reached its max thumb quota the last 2 days for the US NRHP unused images. Thanks! 25or6to4 (talk) 16:19, 4 September 2012 (UTC)
- The database contains over 1 million items so I rather not update it more often.
- I think once you guys cleared the backlog the limit of 400 won't be reached anymore. Multichill (talk) 21:25, 4 September 2012 (UTC)
The problem is that photos that were added yesterday (maybe going back to last week) are still included in today's update. Not sure why - was there some change a week ago? But it makes the page a lot more time-consuming to use.
Any help appreciated.
- Fixed. The database was not updating because of a typo. Multichill (talk) 18:46, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
- There's another problem with this article; File:Adams Mills Lock 28.jpg keeps popping up, even though it's already being used for National Register of Historic Places listings in Muskingum County, Ohio. I realize what the problem is; the image is for the Muskingum River Navigation Historic District, which exists in Coshocton, Muskingum, Morgan, Washington Counties. However, the Morgan County list has a hidden message stating specifically, "Image goes here. Please don't add Triple locks 01.jpg or Adams Mills Lock 28.jpg because they're not in Morgan County." So this image really shouldn't turn up on the list. Other than that, everything seems to be working halfway decent. ---------User:DanTD (talk) 15:10, 12 October 2013 (UTC)
this edit removed all the images from Wikipedia:WikiProject_Historic_sites/Unused_images_of_heritage_sites_in_South_Africa although many of them are still unused. Can this please be corrected and the unused images page updated? Zaian (talk) 20:46, 11 October 2013 (UTC)
- NJR ZA broke it with this edit. I reverted it. This edit broke all the bot functionality. Multichill (talk) 20:56, 11 October 2013 (UTC)
Duplicates in HABS uploads
Could a bit of weeding be added to do the equivalent of this change? Any TIFF file with a PNG or jpeg of the same filename can be safely assumed to be a duplicate. In the HABS uploads the PNGs have only been created for TIFFs which cannot display a thumbnail, and this is likely to take care of most cases (there is a lag in creating them). --Fæ (talk) 12:20, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Fæ, great to see new images being added! The bot offers all options so people can choose which image they want to use. If you add the image to the lists, these will disappear from this page. I don't plan to introduce special behavior for one of the many of these pages, so I don't plan to introduce any filtering. Multichill (talk) 20:35, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
This bot has flagged invalid coordinates at the following articles (that I watch):
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Multnomah County, Oregon
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Marion County, Oregon
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Hood River County, Oregon
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Benewah County, Idaho
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Kootenai County, Idaho
These are all false positives, probably due to the inclusion of a <!-- comment --> in the coords. All the coords are valid. However, I'll make an adjustment in the syntax so these articles won't trigger the bot any more. — Ipoellet (talk) 16:28, 8 May 2016 (UTC)