|Picture of the day|
The Portrait of Federico II Gonzaga is an oil painting on canvas completed by Titian in c. 1529. It depicts Federico II Gonzaga, the ruler of the Italian city of Mantua, possibly in the lead-up to his wedding. The work is now held at the Prado Museum in Madrid, Spain.
- 1 Thanks... rewrote badly
- 2 Me too! (Off topic)
- 3 Re: Invalid VFD Thanks
- 4 Fair use
- 5 Spam
- 6 IfD
- 7 IfD vote was 65/48, no consensus
- 8 you're welcome
- 9 re: Thanks
- 10 Im Back
- 11 Fair use
- 12 Republican party article
- 13 Thanks
- 14 Oral sex
- 15 ?????
- 16 Ok, Ok
- 17 Smashing Pumpkins
- 18 Classic Rock
- 19 Fair use rationale for File:Deetz smallthingsforgotten.jpg
Thanks... rewrote badly
Thank you Timbo. I *did* lose my comment, and was very upset about it. I rewrote something not as good and posted that. I'll stick with what I posted, but I do thank you for your quick intervention. High regards, BradGad (Talk) 06:52, 22 Mar 2005 (UTC)
Me too! (Off topic)
Hi again Timbo,
I was making great strides as a scholar at UVa -- completed all coursework; passed orals; dissertation 1/3 done ... then I decided a divorce would be way more fun and profitable. Turned out I was wrong.
You have a good page. Thanks again for the help.
Re: Invalid VFD Thanks
Originally posted to User_talk:ClockworkSoul
Hi ClockworkSoul, thanks for at least agreeing with me about the VFD vote :). I really don't think the image is only used for shock value, but I can't convince everyone! Cheers, TIMBO (T A L K) 06:52, 22 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Heya Timbo. The way I see it, if I have to be underhanded to prove my point, then my point obviously isn't very strong to begin with. In pursuit of that, I try to be sure that I care more about being honest than right. My wife hated that about me during the presidential elections. ;) – ClockworkSoul 14:15, 22 Mar 2005 (UTC)
En Wikipedia en español no se admite la subida de imágenes "fair use", por eso he tenido que borrar algunas de las que subiste. Siento las molestias, un saludo. --Comae 19:29, 26 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- I was discussing the same with Tony, and I just wanted to point out that admins tend to take every single vote into account, even if it was seemingly a result of vote stack spam. I realize this doesn't feel quite right, but I can't think of a feasible solution since the votes are cast by legit 'Pedians. Yours, Radiant_* 12:28, Apr 9, 2005 (UTC)
Have read your message (excuse me I'm a bit tired it's soon midnight in France). OK, I saw the bug was fixed, then my vote is a vote to keep the image. Thank you for your message on my French User Page which was appreciated.
IfD vote was 65/48, no consensus
- Hi, sorry, I just got your message. I'm in the middle of a move, so I haven't been on much, and I haven't had time to deal with the cleanup tasks that I had previously taken over. Anyway, thanks for taking care of it. – Quadell (talk) (sleuth) 13:46, Apr 11, 2005 (UTC)
You're quite welcome indeed! The way things are going tonight, someone might even have to do it for me. Happy editing, Antandrus 05:09, 13 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- idk, i think so, just a metter of finding some one willing to do it. --Boothy443 | comhrÚ 05:54, 13 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Your user page is temporarily protected. -- Curps 08:20, 13 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Hi Tim I figured I'd come back after my self imposed exile (I'll honestly try not to fight on articles I feel disturbed by)--198 04:43, 14 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- How about If I move the drawing down? It's down that way in the Oral sex article--198 04:52, 14 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Ok. Also I noted the IFD on that picture (that caused me to throw up); I figured I'd abstain from voting--198 04:56, 14 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Fair use depends on the use. If it's being used to describe the specific incident depicted, it should be fine. If it's being used as a general article, I'm not sure. No lawyers in the hizzy. --SPUI (talk) 22:42, 14 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Republican party article
Hi Limeheadnyc. User:Lagavulin is simply wrong about the paragraph being inaccurate or negative and I still believe that the paragraph should be in the article to highlight GOP beliefs. I can assure you that my own personal views have nothing to do with wanting it to stay. However, I think that Lagavulin is being completely partisan. -- Old Right 01:34, 15 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Yeah i noticed that a bit back, just waiting for one of socks to pop up, just a matter of time. --Boothy443 | comhrÚ 05:12, 15 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Personaly, i can't see it being a problem, i figure if someone had a problem with it something would have been said by now. --Boothy443 | comhrÚ 05:42, 15 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Ullo. Looks like Luke's bowlderizing page for the Oral sex article (the one that shows the article without pictures) has been successfully VfD'd. He has reacted to that by linking the image, which seems rather mean to me. --Tony Sidaway|Talk 10:08, 21 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- I didn't create the "bowlderized" page, and will stand for a sockpuppet check with User:Chakravyuh to satisfy Tony's overactive imagination. Cool Hand Luke 10:16, 21 Apr 2005 (UTC)
I apologise for assuming that Luke created the article now seemingly headed for deletion. It doesn't alter the fact that he's using this as an excuse to change the parent page. --Tony Sidaway|Talk 10:41, 21 Apr 2005 (UTC)
who the hell are you?
- I confess I wasn't acting in good faith, honestly though I'm trying to avoid that page because I know i'll get into an edit war if start making "slight changes" with the drawing.--198 02:52, 26 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Being a die hard fan and stumbling across your user page, maybe we could work together to get it to Featured Article status. Jobe6 22:04, July 24, 2005 (UTC)
Hello. I was wondering if you would like to participate in my classic rock survey. I'm trying to find the most liked classic rock song. There is more information on my user page. Hope you participate! RENTASTRAWBERRY FOR LET? röck 02:59, 30 November 2005 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for File:Deetz smallthingsforgotten.jpg
Thanks for uploading or contributing to File:Deetz smallthingsforgotten.jpg. I notice the file page specifies that the file is being used under fair use but there is not a suitable explanation or rationale as to why each specific use in Wikipedia constitutes fair use. Please go to the file description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale.
If you have uploaded other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on those pages too. You can find a list of 'file' pages you have edited by clicking on the "my contributions" link (it is located at the very top of any Wikipedia page when you are logged in), and then selecting "File" from the dropdown box. Note that any non-free media lacking such an explanation will be deleted one week after they have been tagged, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you. J Milburn (talk) 15:19, 6 September 2010 (UTC)