Re: Psychedelic Records
I looked into the label for you and I can try to help you write the the article if you want. I am not too familiar with record labels, but I can help you with setting up the article. The problem is that there does not seem to be many sources of information about the label which is one of the requirements for a Wikipedia article. The association with Pepper MaShay and Rabbit in the Moon may be enough to get the article started though. Another thing we can also do, if you wish, is to ask for assistance from WikiProject Record Labels which is a collaborative group focused on record labels. -- Gogo Dodo (talk) 05:52, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
- Re your message: I have started a user space draft for you about the label at User:Londongoagirl/Psychedelic Records. As you can see, it is a bare minimum article as there does not seem to be a whole lot of information about about this particular label. What you can do is see if you can find news articles about the labels like from magazines, newspapers, or online news sources about it. We can then use whatever you find to help fill out the article.
- As for your question about how to reply, normal practice for talk pages is to find the section where a topic starts and add to that using indenting. You can see that style of replying in this message that I left you as I left it in the section I started a couple of days ago and added to it. So if you were to leave me another message on my talk page, you would find your original comment and click the  link on the right. The help page on using talk pages explains it in greater detail. -- Gogo Dodo (talk) 00:27, 3 March 2012 (UTC)
- Re your message: Your reply was just fine. =) While the page on Acid Planet does mention Psychedelic Records, it does so only in passing, therefore that can't be used to help the article meet the notability guidelines. What is needed are full articles about the label, not just informational bits. For example, an interview with the principals of the label or a history of the label. If you could find some of those, that would help considerably. -- Gogo Dodo (talk) 21:06, 13 March 2012 (UTC)
- Re your message: I think you misunderstood what I meant by "in passing" in my previous message. I didn't mean that the label was not involved in the contest, that Pepper MaShay was not signed with them, or that her records did not exist. None of those was ever in doubt. What I meant is that the Acid Planet link is not a substantial article about Psychedelic Records. It does mention the label and they are involved in the content, but there is nothing about the label itself, only that they are running the contest. What is needed is a certain depth of coverage. The Acid Planet link does not provide that depth. Please see the Depth of coverage for examples of what is needed. As for the press release, press releases do not provide a depth of coverage either. Pepper MaShay's signing with the label does establish the label's notability, but what is needed is additional coverage from reliable sources to firmly establish the label's notability.
- If you are in contact with somebody at the label, you can ask them if any news organizations have done any articles about the label. You can then use those news articles to expand the article draft. The types of information you are looking for are things like when the label was founded, who founded it, what is the history of the label since it was founded, and things like that. -- Gogo Dodo (talk) 04:19, 15 March 2012 (UTC)
A kitten for you!
a kitten welcomer