User talk:Numbermaniac/Archive 10
- 1 WikiCup 2016 November newsletter: Final results
- 2 WikiProject Good Articles's 2016-2017 GA Cup
- 3 New Page Review needs your help
- 4 Collaboration products newsletter: 2016-11
- 5 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 6 NPP
- 7 New Page Review - newsletter (November 2016)
- 8 BBC 12-hour Editathon - large influx of new pages & drafts expected
- 9 New Page Review - newsletter #2
- 10 CSDA7
- 11 WikiCup December newsletter: WikiCup 2017
- 12 Collaboration products newsletter: 2016-12
- 13 AfD Notice
- 14 Collaboration products newsletter: 2017-01
- 15 New Page Review - newsletter No.2
- 16 Collaboration products newsletter: 2017-02
The final round of the 2016 WikiCup is over. Congratulations to the 2016 WikiCup top three finalists:
- First Place - Cas Liber (submissions)
- Second Place - MPJ-DK (submissions)
- Third Place - Adam Cuerden (submissions)
In addition to recognizing the achievements of the top finishers and everyone who worked hard to make it to the final round, we also want to recognize those participants who were most productive in each of the WikiCup scoring categories:
- Featured Article – Cas Liber (actually a three-way tie with themselves for two FAs in each of R2, R3, and R5).
- Good Article – MPJ-DK had 14 GAs promoted in R3.
- Featured List – Calvin999 (submissions) produced 2 FLs in R2
- Featured Pictures – Adam Cuerden restored 18 images to FP status in R4.
- Featured Portal – SSTflyer (submissions) produced the only FPO of the Cup in R2.
- Featured Topic – Cyclonebiskit (submissions) and Calvin were each responsible for one FT in R3 and R2, respectively.
- Good Topic – MPJ-DK created a GT with 9 GAs in R5.
- Did You Know – MPJ-DK put 53 DYKs on the main page in R4.
- In The News – Dharmadhyaksha (submissions) and Muboshgu (submissions), each with 5 ITN, both in R4.
- Good Article Review – MPJ-DK completed 61 GARs in R2.
Over the course of the 2016 WikiCup the following content was added to Wikipedia (only reporting on fixed value categories): 17 Featured Articles, 183 Good Articles, 8 Featured Lists, 87 Featured Pictures, 40 In The News, and 321 Good Article Reviews. Thank you to all the competitors for your hard work and what you have done to improve Wikipedia.--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 01:52, 2 November 2016 (UTC)
We will open up a discussion for comments on process and scoring in a few days. The 2017 WikiCup is just around the corner! Many thanks from all the judges. If you wish to start or stop receiving this newsletter, please feel free to add or remove yourself from Wikipedia:WikiCup/Newsletter/Send. Sturmvogel 66 (talk · contribs · email), Figureskatingfan (talk · contribs · email), and Godot13 (talk · contribs · email)
WikiProject Good Articles's 2016-2017 GA Cup
We would like to announce the start of the 4th GA Cup, a competition that seeks to encourage the reviewing of Good article nominations! Thus far, there have been three GA Cups, which were successful in reaching our goals of significantly reducing the traditionally long queue at GAN, so we're doing it again. Currently, there are over 400 nominations listed. We hope that we can again make an impact this time.
The 4th GA Cup will begin on November 1, 2016. Four rounds are currently scheduled (which will bring the competition to a close on February 28, 2017), but this may change based on participant numbers. We may take a break in December for the holidays, depending on the results of a poll of our participants taken shortly after the competition begins. The sign-up and submissions process will remain the same, as will the scoring.
Sign-ups for the upcoming competition are currently open and will close on November 14, 2016. Everyone is welcome to join; new and old editors, so sign-up now!
If you have any questions, take a look at the FAQ page and/or contact one of the judges.
Cheers from Krishna Chaitanya Velaga for aiding in getting this message out., , , , and . We apologize for the delay in sending out this message until after the competition has started. Thank you to
To subscribe or unsubscribe to future GA Cup newsletters, please add or remove your name to our mailing list. If you are a participant, you will be on the mailing list no matter what as this is the easiest way to communicate between all participants.
New Page Review needs your help
As an AfC reviewer you're probably aware that a new user right has been created for patrolling new pages (you might even have been granted the right already, and admins have it automatically).
Since July there has been a very serious backlog at Special:NewPagesFeed of over 14,000 pages, by far the worst since 2011, and we need an all out drive to get this back down to just a few hundred that can be easily maintained in the future. Unlike AfC, these pages are already in mainspace, and the thought of what might be there is quite scary. There are also many good faith article creators who need a simple, gentle push to the Tea House or their pages converted to Draft rather than being deleted.
Although New Page Reviewing can occasionally be somewhat more challenging than AfC, the criteria for obtaining the right are roughly the same. The Page Curation tool is even easier to use than the Helper Script, so it's likely that most AfC reviewers already have more than enough knowledge for the task of New Page Review.
16:32, 16 November 2016 (UTC)
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
Thank you for patrolling new pages. I'm just letting you know that I have removed the tags you placed on SS Lawton B. Evans and passed the article for inclusion. Articles you tag will not be passed as reviewed until checked by a New Page Reviewer. Please consider reading the instructions for patrolling new pages. Thanks.--Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 06:40, 27 November 2016 (UTC)
BBC 12-hour Editathon - large influx of new pages & drafts expected
New Page Reviewers are asked to be especially on the look out 08:00-20:00 UTC (that's local London time - check your USA and AUS times) on Thursday 8 December for new pages. The BBC together with Wikimedia UK is holding a large 12-hour editathon. Many new articles and drafts are expected. See BBC 100 Women 2016: How to join our edit-a-thon. Follow also on #100womenwiki, and please, don't bite the newbies :) (user:Kudpung for NPR. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 23:55, 7 December 2016 (UTC))
AfC Reviewers are asked to be especially on the look out 08:00-20:00 UTC (that's local London time - check your USA and AUS times) on Thursday 8 December for new pages. The BBC together with Wikimedia UK is holding a large 12-hour editathon. Many new articles and drafts are expected. See BBC 100 Women 2016: How to join our edit-a-thon. Follow also on #100womenwiki, and please, don't bite the newbies :) (user:Kudpung for NPR. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 00:02, 8 December 2016 (UTC)
Hi there. You recently tagged Appajicsnadagouda for speedy deletion with CSDA7 and G11 tags. The G11 was quite correct: the page was an unsourced resume. However, the page mentioned that the subject had served as a member of a state legislative assembly. This is more than a credible claim of significance: if true, it makes the subject notable, per WP:NPOL. Please keep this in mind in the future. Regards, Vanamonde (talk) 09:03, 12 December 2016 (UTC)
On 1 January 2017, WikiCup 2017 (the 10th Annual WikiCup) will begin. This year we are trying something a little different – monetary prizes.
For the WC2017 the prizes will be as follows (amounts are based in US$ and will be awarded in the form of an online Amazon gift certificate):
- First place – $200
- Second & Third place – $50 each
- Category prizes – $25 per category (which will be limited to FA, FL, FP, GA, and DYK for 2017). Winning a category prize does not require making it to the final round.
Note: Monetary prizes are a one-year experiment for 2017 and may or may not be continued in the future. In order to be eligible to receive any of the prizes above, the competing Wikipedia account must have a valid/active email address.
After two years as a WikiCup judge, Figureskatingfan is stepping down. We thank her for her contributions as a WikiCup judge. We are pleased to announce that our newest judge is two-time WikiCup champion Cwmhiraeth.
Signups are open now and will remain open until 5 February 2017. You can sign up here.
If you wish to start or stop receiving this newsletter, please feel free to add or remove yourself from Wikipedia:WikiCup/Newsletter/Send.MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 20:02, 14 December 2016 (UTC)
10:09, 19 December 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you very much for nominating it and letting me know. -- numbermaniac (talk) 11:01, 28 December 2016 (UTC)
18:16, 23 January 2017 (UTC)
09:40, 14 February 2017 (UTC)