- 1 Smile
- 2 A bowl of strawberries for you!
- 3 A belated barnstar for you!
- 4 disambiguation question
- 5 Thanks
- 6 List request
- 7 Recreate JWHA
- 8 rene flemming
- 9 Villacorta
- 10 Carballo (name)
- 11 Empty categories
- 12 User 184.108.40.206 vandalizing Strictly Come Dancing again
- 13 RussBot question
- 14 Leyes en Estados Unidos Sobre el alcohol
- 15 Thanks so much
- 16 Deleted dab page
- 17 Ray Carsar page
- 18 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 19 Bots
- 20 Hardest disambiguation links
A bowl of strawberries for you!
|I apologize for my silly error, and hope this bowl of strawberries will help to make amends. Thank you for your work reverting vandals, and sorry for confusing you with the original vandal. ~Adjwilley (talk) 04:12, 18 May 2012 (UTC)|
- Thanks! No harm done. --R'n'B (call me Russ) 10:39, 18 May 2012 (UTC)
A belated barnstar for you!
|The Super Disambiguator's Barnstar|
|The Super Disambiguator's Barnstar is awarded to the winners of the Disambiguation pages with links monthly challenge, who have gone above and beyond to remove ambiguous links. Your achievment will be recorded at the Hall of Fame.
This award is presented to R'n'B, for successfully fixing 3057 links in the challenge of January 2012. Nick Number (talk) 14:01, 20 June 2012 (UTC)
I worked on disambiguating Lisle yesterday and spent a couple of hours figuring out the correct reference in an article. After I finished that (Flabellum), there were still three references to the Lisle dab page, all of which seemed quite difficult. Today I noticed you removed Lisle from the September dab list. I'm just wondering why. Is three references below some threshold? I'm relatively new here.
- Yes, the magic number is 3. :-) That is, when a page has only 3 links left, I move it to "Done". This started at 4, but I changed it to 3 when we started having pages with less than 12 links show up on the monthly list. Now we have even lower counts on the monthly list, so maybe it is time to change it to 2. My original theory was that if the page only had 4 or fewer incoming links, it would still be on the Bonus List, so it wouldn't be totally ignored. --R'n'B (call me Russ) 22:01, 23 September 2015 (UTC)
Here is another DAB question. I took a look at Rollbahn. There are currently 4 links left and they all refer to 1 of the three uses of Rollbahn (I also found a fourth - a movie which is not mentioned on the dab page). I can't disambiguate these 4 links because there is no corresponding article. The dab page merely gives a definition of the word (key routes designated by the German Wehrmacht in WWII). There is not much more to say about it, so I doubt a new article is warranted. I could create an article for this usage, but it would be pretty short. So where do I turn? Should I pose this on the Rollbahn dab Talk page? Would anyone even see it there?
- In general, we don't create links on Wikipedia for mere definitions of terms, since Wikipedia is not a dictionary. If you want some guidance on how to handle this particular case, you might want to post on Wikipedia talk:Disambiguation. --R'n'B (call me Russ) 10:13, 4 October 2015 (UTC)
Hi there. I want to create the redirect link JWHA to point to the John Whitmer Historical Association, but it was deleted in February 2014. The creation page told me to contact the deleting administrator, which appears to be you. Thanks! ——Rich jj (talk) 18:59, 5 November 2015 (UTC)
- Done. --R'n'B (call me Russ) 19:01, 5 November 2015 (UTC)
R we sure its rene flemming singing dream again in the movie at the end over the credits because that doesnt sound at all like rene flemming Jack Frost Movie Thank Dani — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2607:FB90:2182:9913:5624:525C:19A6:34AD (talk) 22:00, 7 November 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for fixing the dab links on Villacorta. However, I was taking a look at the revision history on the page and was wondering if it might be better to split this page into two pages: one about the town in Spain and a separate page about people with the Villacorta name. It appears that this page used to be a SIA for people with the name Villacorta before it was changed into a page about a town in Spain. Natg 19 (talk) 19:04, 11 November 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, the way the two topics are crammed into a single article now is quite odd. Sounds like a good idea. --R'n'B (call me Russ) 22:19, 11 November 2015 (UTC)
Hello R'n'B, I wanted to thank you for your article participation for Carballo (name). I also wanted to ask you for the citation that you applied to the sentence of, "Carballo is recognized by the Spanish crown". I think that the entire article pretty much makes that claim itself already. It gives reference after reference, citation after citation to the common knowledge that indeed time and again it has been documented throughout histories accounts of this family's applied contribution and active participation in the development and growth of what is now modern aged western hemisphere colonization through the support and patronage of the Spanish crown. Do you agree? Then could you please remove the citation needed, thank you R'n'B. Jaimecarballo —Preceding undated comment added 01:52, 13 November 2015 (UTC)
I tagged those BC categories because they appeared in Wikipedia:Database reports/Empty categories. Perhaps if they should be kept despite the fact that they will most likely always remain empty, the EmptyCat notice should be placed on them or else it is likely that some future editor will see them and also tag them CSD C1. Liz Read! Talk! 17:10, 13 November 2015 (UTC)
- There are a whole slew of "XX BC deaths" categories that were emptied because of a CFD, and then that result was later reversed through the RFC process. So now all those categories are waiting for someone to get around to repopulate them. But they shouldn't stay empty forever, so I'm doubtful that putting an empty category tag on them would be a good idea, either. --R'n'B (call me Russ) 18:07, 13 November 2015 (UTC)
User 220.127.116.11 vandalizing Strictly Come Dancing again
Earlier this month, you blocked 18.104.22.168 for vandalizing Strictly Come Dancing (series 1). I just reverted a series of vandalizing edits to Strictly Come Dancing (series 9), one of which was made as I was reverting the others. You will probably wish to block this IP again. Thank you. BlueMoonset (talk) 15:44, 15 November 2015 (UTC)
Would you mind coming to Commons:Commons:Categories for discussion/2015/11/Category:Photographs? The proposal is to move the category to a different title in order to prevent overuse (it's not supposed to contain individual images), but someone says that, as people will continue putting images into such a category (I agree), RussBot will merely move them from Photographs to the new title, making the rename pointless. It would help if you'd throw in a comment on the process, especially regarding the bot's workings. Nyttend (talk) 00:21, 17 November 2015 (UTC)
Leyes en Estados Unidos Sobre el alcohol
I may have a made a mistake on this article (and I have before!) with regards to this article and my tagging of it. I used the A2 tag since it's a foreign language article of a existing article here. In other words if translated this is an exact duplicate of Alcohol laws of the United States. So I'm not sure if translating it is needed or not? Wildthing61476 (talk) 22:12, 17 November 2015 (UTC)
- It could probably be nominated under A10 as a duplication of an existing article. However, I suspect the author just didn't understand how to log in to the Spanish Wikipedia. I'd give him a chance to correct his mistake, then delete it. --R'n'B (call me Russ) 22:40, 17 November 2015 (UTC)
Thanks so much
for your back-up on Ray Pohlman. I received a message from a bot this morning and when I went there it appeared that you had fixed all of my oversights except one, which i just did. The article was a thrown together event, mostly because we needed an article on Ray and the time to do it was NOW. Well . . . ..... then. However my lifestyle, living with my 93 year old Mom creates issues for me and it is very comforting to know that there is someone such as you out there peeking over my shoulder. Much appreciated. Einar aka Carptrash (talk) 17:12, 18 November 2015 (UTC)
- PS. How can you have the user name "R'n'B" and not have R&B as one of your stated interests? Just wondering Carptrash (talk) 17:15, 18 November 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for the note. The "R'n'B" nickname goes back a ways, and isn't related to music except in a play-on-words sense. --R'n'B (call me Russ) 19:55, 18 November 2015 (UTC)
Deleted dab page
Hi, you G6'd this and this. That leaves us with excessive hat notes like Megaman which are inconsistent with Mega Man (video game) , Mega Man (Game Gear video game), Mega Man (TV series), and Mega Man (character). Think you could sort out the mess? LeadSongDog come howl! 06:44, 22 November 2015 (UTC)
- There hasn't been a "Mega Man" disambiguation page since, I think, 2008. All that I deleted was two redirects that pointed to the article about the video game series. I'll grant you that four hatnotes on one article is a lot, but I don't see anything "inconsistent" in this group of articles. What would you think of replacing the mega-hatnote :-) on Megaman with a simpler, "for the video game series and related media, see Mega Man"? --R'n'B (call me Russ) 14:06, 22 November 2015 (UTC)
Ray Carsar page
Hi thank you for helping me with my Ray Caesar page. He's an artist that deserves to be on wiki! I tried to upload a pic with the written permission of the artist and I sent this e-mail to wiki but still nothing..can you help? Thanks robert — Preceding unsigned comment added by Robertchiesa (talk • contribs) 09:02, 22 November 2015 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:18, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
Hi there! Talking about this bot; in most cases, when a Brazilian editor insert the category "Santos", its referring to the city Commons:Category:Santos, São Paulo. Perhaps it's a good idea to change this bot action (change "Santos" to "Saints"). Regards, Sturm (talk) 11:19, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
- @Sturm: The bot does this because some human editor decided to redirect the Commons category commons:Category:Santos to commons:Category:Saints. If you think the redirect is not helpful, I suggest you either change it, or discuss it with the editor who did this in the first place. --R'n'B (call me Russ) 11:21, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
SELECT dab_title, article_title AS "Example page with d ab", COUNT(*), SUM((SELECT COUNT(*)-1 FROM p50380g50692__DPL_p.all_dab_links AS sq WHERE template_id=0 AND sq.article_id=adl.article_id)) AS ExtrLnks, (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM p50380g50692__DPL_p.all_dab_links AS sq WHERE template_id=0 AND sq.dab_id=adl.dab_id) AS Total FROM p50380g50692__DPL_p.all_dab_links AS adl JOIN templatelinks ON article_id=tl_from AND tl_namespace=10 AND tl_title="Disambiguation_needed" WHERE template_id=0 /* exclude template dabs */ GROUP BY dab_title ORDER BY ExtrLnks ASC, COUNT(*) / (Total+.1) DESC LIMIT 25
Nothing that really stood out, but might be worth keeping track of. — Dispenser 17:05, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
- What does this generate? bd2412 T 18:22, 24 November 2015 (UTC)