User talk:Tellyaddict/archives 5
|This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
If you are one of my adoptees asking me a question about Wikipedia please leave a comment under the section named Adoptees. This will save me space on my talk page. Thanks.
- 1 Adoptees
- 2 Other comments
- 3 Wdefcon
- 4 WikiProject Tyne and Wear
- 5 INFJ famous people section
- 6 Template: CATV_USA
- 7 Tyne and Wear
- 8 WikiProject Tyne and Wear
- 9 RE:
- 10 WikiProject:Appreciation
- 11 Salk School of Science
- 12 hey
- 13 help us...
- 14 AfD
- 15 RFA
- 16 Some Thanks
- 17 Improper edits
- 18 Thanks Mate
- 19 "a good category"
- 20 AIV reports (again)
- 21 About the summerslam 1994 edit.
- 22 Thanks for the reply
- 23 I did not vandalize anything
- 24 How do I appeal
- 25 More detailed, but factually false
- 26 Employee of the month?
- 27 Walgreens?
- 28 I Would Like To Nominate You For Adminship
- 29 semi provided
- 30 WikiDefcon
- 31 RE: Your (mine realy) request for adminship
- 32 Vandalism
- 33 Llama mans RFA
- 34 NPWatcher
- 35 Porsche Site
- 36 List of people by name
hi, i was just wondering, when you send a warning to a user, it says "heres a link to the edit which has been reverted". how do you get that? much appreciated, thanks19:07, 3 February 2007 (UTC)
- Actually, my VP isnt working... is there any manual template for that?
19:12, 3 February 2007 (UTC)
- Thats what I've been doing all this time, had just been wondering if there was any other way to go about it... Thanks then, see you! 19:22, 3 February 2007 (UTC)
- Thats what I've been doing all this time, had just been wondering if there was any other way to go about it... Thanks then, see you! 19:23, 3 February 2007 (UTC)
- Actually, my VP isnt working... is there any manual template for that?
Just to let you know: As I've seen on the Wdefcon talk page a few times, it seems your definitions of the levels of vandalism are different then the defcon's and most people's. And example is that today you put the level at two, and were suggesting that it go to one. However, when I checked recent changes, it seemed that it was level 3 at most. Level 2 would probably be reverting 10 edits per minute, and level 1 is probably 15 or 20+ per minute. --TeckWizParlate Contribs@ 22:25, 3 February 2007 (UTC)
i was just apologizing if i vandilized. I thought the changes I made to gary/chicago airport were true. JetBlue airways was concidering adding service there. if you could email me back it Firecrusader67@aim.com thanks matt.
its matt agian email@example.com how can you contribute like to a page. i really want to contribute to an airport page or something. please teel how thanks matt
hi its matt agian I was wondering how to get a free wikipedia account. i did go to the how to edit page. so if you could teel me how to get an account that would be great. thanks, matt
WikiProject Tyne and Wear
Thank you for your message on my talk page. I would be interested in joining the Tyne and Wear project, specifically from a Sunderland viewpoint. I am a big contributor to Sunderland-related articles, but not much beyond that to be honest. You might also want to try The JPS. John the mackem 16:42, 4 February 2007 (UTC)
Hi, thanks for your message. I'd be more than willing to help out with this project. There's so much to add, but I don't know where to start! Michaeltyne 13:22, 7 February 2007 (UTC)
INFJ famous people section
You reverted 188.8.131.52's completely legitimate edit to INFJ 'and' left a warning on his/her talk page. The user was not committing vandalism, merely removing a section that he or she found inappropriate, rightfully so. Don't leave warnings just because you disagree with someone's edit. Also, I'd like to know why you want to keep the [[[INFJ#Famous MBTI INFJs|Famous MBTI INFJs]] section on the INFJ page, when it is unsourced and rather biased. --LakeHMM 06:43, 5 February 2007 (UTC)
- The editor didn't add unsourced information, he/she removed information that was unsourced. --LakeHMM 01:09, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
Tyne and Wear
I would love to be part of your proposed WikiProject and have a good knowledge of South Tyneside, South Shields in particular. Glenn Scott 17:03, 5 February 2007 (UTC)
WikiProject Tyne and Wear
Hello. Thanks for asking if I'd be interested in helping with this new project. I'd be very happy to help out but I don't have a lot of time on my hands anymore after starting a new degree course so I'll have to decline for the moment. Sorry and thanks again for the invite. --Zoe.R 21:55, 5 February 2007 (UTC)
Please put new discussion at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Real Social Dynamics (2nd nomination), and not an old archive. Thank you. -Royalguard11(Talk·Desk·Review Me!) 00:44, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
hello mr tellyaddict , happy birthday
Hi there, I've proposed a new WikiProject which is in ways similar to the random smiley awards, it is called wikiproject appreciation and it is all about recognising users contributions, no matter how many, or how minor they are, aswell as to promote optimism on wikipedia. Because you are a good distributor of random smiley awards I though you might be interested in joining this project if and when it's created. I'll be creating templates and such and the whole project page if there are enough users willing to be active members and participate. for more detailed information please see here for more info. Also could you please reply on my talk page - cheers! Tellyaddict 18:49, 2 February 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you for the invite : )
- Just so you know, you added the request on an archive of my talk page. You may wish to check if any other of your notices were similarly posted. - jc37 11:40, 3 February 2007 (UTC)
- Sorry, I didn't realise I left the message on an archive page. If you would like to become a member if and when it's created then please put your name on the list (I dont mind if you'd rather not!), you can have as long as you need to think and if you know any other wikipedians who may be interested please feel free to spread the word and ask them to put there name down. Tellyaddict 16:31, 3 February 2007 (UTC)
- No worries, Just thought you might wish to know : ) - jc37 12:42, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
Salk School of Science
I noticed that you contributed to the AfD debate on this school. I have made a contribution to this debate in which I discuss why the school is notable, and edited the article a bit. Any comments you could make would be much appreciated.
Thanks for your help with this.
WMMartin 15:27, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
PlEASE DO NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHANGE THE LORD LAWSON OF BEAMISH PAGE OR I WILL PUT IN A REQUEST FOR BLOCKING
hello... i am from turkey... some peoples always change the "turkic states" page and always in vandalism. Please lock this page. --Offical 17:22, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
- Hi, I'd appreciate if you could respond to a question I have for you here: . Cheers! Georgeg 16:40, 7 February 2007 (UTC)
- Hi again, as you are a potential administrator, could you please respond to a further question on the above page again please? Georgeg 17:57, 7 February 2007 (UTC)
- Sorry but the discussion goes on on the above page.Georgeg 23:06, 7 February 2007 (UTC)
Why don't you go up for RFA? you have over 6000 edits. Retiono Virginian 17:10, 7 February 2007 (UTC)
I looked at your edits. The fact that you don't have awards is amazing. I guess you just don't really fit under any categories so that's why. Any ways have a ...
03:51, 8 February 2007 (UTC)
Hi. I noticed that in your many edits, you sometimes remove important red links and/or impose a variant English spelling (when an article is already written in one particular type of English). Please familiarize yourself with Wikipedia:Red link and Wikipedia:Manual_of_Style#National_varieties_of_English, as it does not seem you have already. --C S (Talk) 17:07, 8 February 2007 (UTC)
- I am fully familiar with these and I corrected the spelling so it was correct.TellyaddictEditor review! 17:08, 8 February 2007 (UTC) (copied from User talk:Chan-Ho Suh)
- Well, ok. It would be a good idea to learn some of the differences between American English and British English, as you seem to edit a lot of articles. As for the "very slim" chance you refer to, I don't believe you showed good judgment there. First, I don't believe you have the expertise to judge that, and secondly, you seem unaware that a Wikiproject such as Mathematics, does in fact keep track of such red linked terms (and the number of times they are linked). --C S (Talk) 17:30, 8 February 2007 (UTC)
"a good category"
- You should base your arguments in policy, though. See Wikipedia:Arguments to avoid in deletion discussions... what you've said there and in other deletion discussions recently (I'm thinking of templates) amounted to WP:ILIKEIT and WP:IDONTLIKEIT. These sorts of things are very likely to be completely overlooked by the closing admins, so you're sort of wasting your time unless you give your arguments some backbone in policy. I can see that you want to have an impact on how these discussions turn out, so I hope this advice helps you make more of an impact. — coelacan talk — 12:43, 9 February 2007 (UTC)
I can't understand. Isn't my source reliable or what went wrong?
AIV reports (again)
Once again, PLEASE do not report users until they have edited past their final warning. You warned 184.108.40.206 (talk · contribs) at 16:00. You also reported the user at 16:00. But looking at Special:Contributions/220.127.116.11, there have been no edits since 15:59. This isn't the first time you've been asked to stop the simulanteous posting, please be more careful. Metros232 16:07, 9 February 2007 (UTC)
About the summerslam 1994 edit.
Hi , about ten minuets ago I made a minor edit to the page simply adding in the tagline to the event description , and was subsequently told by yourself not to add 'Nonesense' to the page. Whats up? - Stu —The preceding [[Wikipedia:Stu comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 16:25, 9 February 2007 (UTC).
Thanks for the reply
The edit in question was accurate [this WAS the tagline for the event] and was merely modeled on other pages [if you look for instance at the 1997 summerslam page a tagline is given in the same fashion that I had done].
22.214.171.124 16:32, 9 February 2007 (UTC)
I am the creator of Kung Faux, so I don't see how an editor should be making severe edit changes to my own page and how they accurately relate to other pages.-sincerely, mic neumann.
i am sorry if i can't convince you that i am the creator & owner of the projects on many of the pages you flagged except for the ones, which i did have involvement with . but was uncredited, so as per your own rules, i am able to go in and ammend them as a wikipedia user, with first hand knowledge of thes projects. and, the reason why my ip addresses don't match is because i am on a network with multiple computers and when one is busy renedering video work, i go to another computer to pick up where i left off. i registered years ago with wikipedia, so i don't know why you can find me now.
if someone could please help me get everything done properly this time, so that i don't run into the same problems as i seem to be getting currently, i would greatly appreciate it more than i do being basically called a liar.
click any of the links i have ever put into any of these articles and read any corrsponding information to them and you will quickly see that all of my ammendments, entries, and changes are factual.
thank you in advance for your time & consideration.
sincerely, mic neumann.
I did not vandalize anything
I changed the Jewish Eschatology page because it was vandalized as it was. The views attributed to Jews on that page, which were never sourced, despite half a year of waiting, are in fact well known Jehovah's Witnesses views, as I noticed in the Talk section of that article.
Please unrevert it. It is inappropriate to have Christian theology being presented as Jewish theology, and the section should never have been allowed in the first place. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 20:06, 9 February 2007 (UTC).
How do I appeal
I want to appeal your decision. It is both vandalism of an article on Jewish eschatology (note: Jewish, not general and not Christian) as well as intentional deception to leave a sourceless claim in that article that attributes Christian beliefs to Jews. Again, I gave my reasons for all but deleting that section in the Talk section of the article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Jewish_eschatology#The_section_on_.22Interpretations_opposing_afterlife.22 here), including a link to a source for that being JW theology.
I'm changing the article again, because it is factually inaccurate. Wikipedia is not for people to make bald, unsourced claims and have them be left there. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 20:13, 9 February 2007 (UTC).
More detailed, but factually false
You say that what I wrote is not sourced. But you can't source a negative. If someone has a source, any source, for there being interpretations opposing an afterlife in Judaism, let them post that. Until and unless someone does so, any such claim is out of bounds. And again, you have replaced a Jewish view with a Christian view in an article on Jewish eschatology.
Employee of the month?
I don't know what you're talking about. Employee of the month where? I've done no such thing.
I've never edited anything about Walgreens. Ever. You'd see that if I was able to log in. My password isn't working, and when I requested that it be resent to me, nothing ever came. When it does, I'm going to explain what you've been doing on WP:AN/I and make sure that the inappropriate content is removed from the Jewish eschatology article.
I Would Like To Nominate You For Adminship
I would like to nominate you for adminship. You are a great contributor to Wikipedia and I think you will be a fine administrator! If you accept my offer, please leave a note on my talkpage. --My Name Is Not Earl 04:29, 10 February 2007 (UTC)
I didnt add the tag, feel free to if you wish. You might find my last two article in wikinews interesting n:User:Gnangarra. anyhow if I can be of service just shout. Gnangarra 13:06, 11 February 2007 (UTC)
- I removed the semi tag from your user talk page, it isn't protected at all. It's your user page that is protected now. Metros232 13:59, 11 February 2007 (UTC)
Can you please help. Is the WikiDefcon On the Recent Changes Patrol fully Protected? Thanks Yours Sincerely --Thunderinfo2 17:49, 11 February 2007 (UTC)
RE: Your (mine realy) request for adminship
Hi it's me again, What do you think of the current levels of Vandalism on Wikipedia? Thunderinfo2 18:58, 11 February 2007 (UTC)
Well ok. Do you think the WDefcon will ever reach level 1? 18:58, 11 February 2007 (UTC) 18:58, 11 February 2007 (UTC)
We all need to do something! 19:12, 11 February 2007 (UTC)
Llama mans RFA
Yeah yeah, its fine. You are entitled to your opinion, its just that 3000 is awfully high and usually 1,000 + is what is looked for in admin candidates. But its all good :). ~ Arjun 20:15, 11 February 2007 (UTC)
You've been approved to use NPWatcher. Please give Martinp23 any feature requests or bugs. He'll also happy to help if you have any problems running the program, or any questions :). Before you run the program, please check the changelog on the application page to see if he's made a new release (or just add the main page (here) to your watchlist). Finally, enjoy! -Royalguard11(Talk·Desk·Review Me!) 04:22, 12 February 2007 (UTC)
I did not leave this stupid immature language.
List of people by name
_ _ I don't think your work on List of people by name: Sd falls within the intent of either WP:BOLD or WP:BITE, so please bear in mind that this message to you entails heroic restraint.
_ _ I am not going to give you chapter and verse on the forms of recklessness you committed. It appears this was your first moving or editing of any page in the LoPbN-tree or its infrastructure, but if you have been editing under an IP or under other registered IDs, especially on such pages, i want to know immediately.
_ _ If you
- move any further LoPbN-tree page out of the tree, or
- remove an LoPbN entry without citing either
- evidence of non-notability, or
- the mode of deletion that turned it from a blue lk to a red one,
I didn't change that page... any clue? Am I being hacked or something?