|Acting Minister of Defense of Azerbaijan|
August 1993 – August 25, 1993
|President||Heydar Aliyev (acting)|
|Preceded by||Safar Abiyev (acting)|
|Succeeded by||Mammadrafi Mammadov|
|Died||January 8, 1999
|Service/branch||Azerbaijani Armed Forces|
Vahid Musayev Abdulla oglu (Azerbaijani: Vahid Musayev Abdulla oğlu) (died January 8, 1999) was the deputy Minister of Defense of Azerbaijan and Acting Minister within the month of August (unspecified), 1993.
Musayev was Deputy Minister of Defense and was assigned by the Speaker of the National Assembly of Azerbaijan and acting President Heydar Aliyev to lead the ministry until the new minister was appointed. Due to numerous mistakes during the operation to stabilize the situation in southern Azerbaijani regions of Lankoran, Astara, Masalli, Lerik, Yardimli, Jalilabad and Bilasuvar raions in August 1993 which led to civilian injuries, he was first demoted from the rank of Major General and then sacked as Deputy Minister of Defense on August 25, 1993.
Vahid Musayev is well known as one of the masterminds of the so-called General's Plot to overthrow the government of President Heydar Aliyev. General Vahid Musayev, general Rafig Agayev, general Shahin Musayev, Murad Sadaddinov and Faig Bakhishaliyev (former members of Special Purpose Police Unit (OPON)) and a few other colonels were arrested in August 1995 on charges of organizing coup d'état by planning to shoot the presidential airplane down in a premeditated rocket attack in May 1995. Vahid Mustafayev was sentenced to 15 years and jailed at Gobustan correctional institution.
On the night of January 7-8, 1999 Vahid Musayev along with Faig Bakhishaliyev and imprisoned members of OPON organized a prison revolt managing to capture weapons, and taking other prisoners and guards hostage. The standoff between government forces and the rebels continued until late hours of January 8 as the rebels held 28 prison guards hostage. As a result, rebels including Vahid Musayev and several other main organizers were killed during the shootout between the rebels and Azerbaijani special anti-terror forces detachments, after all negotiations failed. Two servicemen were killed and twenty five were injured.
- "Müdafiə Nazirliyinin yaranmasının 18 ili tamam oldu" [18 years pass since establishment of the Ministry of Defense]. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "V. A. Musayevin general-mayor əsgəri rütbəsinin aşağı salınması haqqında AZƏRBAYCAN RESPUBLİKASI PREZİDENTİNİN FƏRMANI" [Order of the President of Azerbaijan on demotion of Major General V.A. Musayev]. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- "V. A. Musayev haqqında AZƏRBAYCAN RESPUBLİKASI PREZİDENTİNİN SƏRƏNCAMI" [Decree of the President of Azerbaijan on V.A. Musayev]. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- "Institute of Peace and Democracy. Report on fact-finding mission in Azerbaijan" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "Heydar Aliyev International Online Library". Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "Sabiq polis rəisinə hökm oxundu" [Former police chief was sentenced]. Milli.az. 2010-05-07. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "Abşeron rayon Polis Şöbəsinin sabiq rəisi 13 il müddətinə azadlıqdan məhrum edilib" [Former police chief of Absheron district was sentenced to 13 years]. Fakt Kheber. 2010-05-07. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- L. Nuri (2005-01-06). "Годовщина бунта в тюрьме" [The anniversary of the prison riots]. Ekho. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "AZƏRBAYCAN RESPUBLİKASI PREZİDENTİNİN FƏRMANI" [Order of the President of Azerbaijan]. Retrieved 2010-07-13.