Velagapudi Ramakrishna was an Indian Civil Service (ICS) officer, industrialist, and philanthropist. He started the KCP (Krishna Commercial Products) group of companies in 1941 with a co-operative sugar factory in Andhra Pradesh. He was a pioneering industrialist in the erstwhile Madras State.
Ramakrishna was born in a Telugu-speaking Kamma family to Velagapudi Venkata Subbayya Choudary in 1896 in the village Bellamvaripalem (Nagaram mandal, near Repalle) in the Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh, India. He studied at Oxford University and acquired B.Sc. and M.A. degrees. His father (pre-adoption surname: Katragadda) originally came from Tellapadu, Maddipadu Mandal, in Prakasam District.
Ramakrishna died in 1968 and was survived by two sons and a daughter: V. Maruthi Rao, V. Lakshmana Dutt, and Rajeshwari Ramakrishnan.
Ramakrishna's second son, V. L. Dutt, a past chairman of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), is the current chairman and managing director of KCP Limited. His wife, Indira Dutt, is a daughter of the Raja of Muktyala and the President of the World Telugu Federation. Ramakrishna's daughter, Smt. Rajeswari Ramakrishnan, is the managing director of Jeypore Sugar Company Limited. Her son R. Prabhu is the Congress MP from the Nilgiris (Ooty), Tamil Nadu, a five-term Member of Parliament  and a former Union minister in India. 
- District Collector
- Director, Department of Industries
- Commissioner, Labour
- Development Commissioner, Government of Madras
- Member of Parliament
- The Velagapudi Ramakrishna Siddhartha Engineering College, near Vijayawada has been posthumously named after him.
- He also funded the VSR & NVR College in Tenali and the Sri Velagapudi Ramakrishna Memorial College in Nagaram, Guntur district.
- The Andhra Chamber of Commerce building in Chennai has also been named after Velagapudi Ramakrishna.
- V Ramakrishna Polytechnic in Thiruvottiyur, Near Chennai is an institution within KCP campus and is named in memory of Velagapudi Ramakrishna.
- KCP Web site
- "Khammas of AP have money power, so they just go get it - The Economic Times". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2017-01-14.
- Chalichema, Venkataramaiah (1964). Guntur Jilla Kammavaaru. pp. 176–177.
- The Hindu : Tamil Nadu / Chennai News : KCP's Indira Dutt is now looking to new horizons
- Current Lok Sabha Members Biographical Sketch
- Welcome, V R Siddhartha Engineering College
- Accredited Colleges
- The Hindu : Tamil Nadu / Chennai News : In Chennai Today