Vision 2021 was the political manifesto of the Bangladesh Awami League party before winning the National Elections of 2008. It stands as a political vision of Bangladesh for the year 2021, the golden jubilee of the nation. The policy has been criticized as a policy emblematic of technological optimism in the context of Bangladesh and the state repression of media, low internet penetration, inadequate electricity generation. The Vision 2021 is an articulation of where this nation needs to be in 2021 – the year which marks the 50th anniversary of Bangladesh's independence.
- 1. Democracy and effective parliaments
- 2. Political framework, decentralization of power & people's participation
- 3. Good governance through establishing rule of law and avoiding political partisanship
- 4. Transformation of political culture
- 5. A society free from corruption
- 6. Empowerment and equal rights for women
- 7. Economic development & initiative
- a. Meeting basic needs
- b. Population and labour force
- c. Alleviation of poverty
- d. Food & nutrition
- e. Health care center
- f. Education
- g. Industry
- h. Energy security
- i. Infrastructural development
- j. Housing
- k. Environment
- l. Water resources
- 8. Bangladesh in the global arena
- a. Achievements of liberation
- b. Culture
- c. Foreign policy
- d. Good Religion
Digital Bangladesh implies the broad use of computers, and embodies the modern philosophy of effective and useful use of technology in terms of implementing the promises in education, health, job placement and poverty reduction. The party underscored a changing attitude, positive thinking and innovative ideas for the successes of “Digital Bangladesh”.
The philosophy of “Digital Bangladesh” comprises ensuring people's democracy and human rights, transparency, accountability, establishing justice and ensuring delivery of government services to the citizens of Bangladesh through maximum use of technology, with the ultimate goal being the overall improvement of the daily lifestyle of general people. This includes all classes of people and does not discriminate people in terms of technology.
The government further emphasized on the four elements of “Digital Bangladesh Vision” which are human resource development, people involvement, civil services and use of information technology in business.
- "Whither Digital Bangladesh?". The Khichuri. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- Government Policies: Vision 2021 (2012) Board of Investors, قBangladeshق (Accessed: 2012-05-23)
- "Digital Bangladesh a reality now". Dhaka Tribune. 2018-07-10. Retrieved 2019-01-03.
- "Digital Bangladesh: Dreams and reality". The Daily Star. 2015-03-10. Retrieved 2019-01-03.