|Full name||Volodymyr Illich Okhotnyk|
|Born||28 February 1950|
Kiev, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union
|Peak rating||2510 (July 2000)|
In 1979 he won the 44th Ukrainian championship at Dnipropetrovsk. In 2011 he won the World Senior Championship and this achievement automatically earned him the title of Grandmaster. Okhotnik won his second world senior title (in the 65+ category) in 2015.
Tournament results include the following:
- 1984: first at Mezőhegyes
- 1986: equal 2nd at Satu Mare
- 1987: first at Samos; 4th at Halle
- 1988: first at the Cappelle-la-Grande Open
- 2012: equal first at Villach
In the 1990s he moved to France, taking up French citizenship.
Together with Bogdan Lalić, he wrote two books:
- Carpathian Warrior book one. Secrets of a Master, Pandora Press, 2005 (370 pp.), covering the Pirc, the Modern Defense, the Czech and the Philidor
- Carpathian Warrior 2, Pandora Press, 2008, covering lesser known lines vs. the Pirc and the Modern, as well as other Black systems with a king's side fianchetto.
- Capece, Adolivio (4 December 2011). "World Senior Championship won by IM Vladimir Okhotnik". ChessBase.com. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- "The winners of 25th World Senior Chess Championship 2015". FIDE. 23 November 2015. Retrieved 25 December 2015.
- "Nikola Sedlak winner of Villach Open". Chessdom. 18 February 2012. Retrieved 19 February 2012.