|Full name||Volodymir Ilyich Okhotnik (Володимир Ілліч Охотник)|
|Country|| Soviet Union
28 February 1950 |
Kiev, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union
|Peak rating||2510 (July 2000)|
In 1979 he won the 44th Ukrainian championship at Dnipropetrovsk. Okhotnik took first place in the Cappelle-la-Grande Open 1988. In 2011 he became World Senior Champion and this achievement automatically earned him the title of Grandmaster. Okhotnik won his second world senior title (in the 65+ category) in 2015.
He played with RAIKA RAPID Feffernitz team in the first Austrian League 2012.
Tournament results include the following:
- 1984: first at Mezőhegyes
- 1986: equal 2nd at Satu Mare
- 1987: first at Samos; 4th at Halle
- 1988: first at the Cappelle-la-Grande Open
- 2012: equal first at Villach
In the 1990s he moved to France, taking up French citizenship.
Together with Bogdan Lalić, he wrote two books:
- Carpathian Warrior book one. Secrets of a Master, Pandora Press, 2005 (370 pp.), covering the Pirc, the Modern Defense, the Czech and the Philidor
- Carpathian Warrior 2, Pandora Press, 2008, covering lesser known lines vs. the Pirc and the Modern, as well as other Black systems with a king's side fianchetto.
- Capece, Adolivio (2011-12-04). "World Senior Championship won by IM Vladimir Okhotnik". ChessBase.com. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- "The winners of 25th World Senior Chess Championship 2015". FIDE. 2015-11-23. Retrieved 25 December 2015.
- "Nikola Sedlak winner of Villach Open". Chessdom. 2012-02-18. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- Review of book by Week in Chess Carpathian_Warrior_2