|Broadcast area||New River Valley|
|Branding||"105.3 The Bear"|
|Slogan||"The New River Valley's Rock Station"|
|Frequency||105.3 FM MHz|
|First air date||December, 1964|
|HAAT||146 meters (479 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||W BeaR W|
|Former frequencies||104.9 MHz (1964–1996)|
|Affiliations||Virginia Tech Sports Network|
Cumulus Media (sale to Monticello Media pending) |
(Cumulus Licensing LLC)
|Sister stations||WFNR, WNMX, WPSK-FM, WRAD, WWBU|
WBRW is an Active Rock formatted broadcast radio station licensed to Blacksburg, Virginia, serving the New River Valley. WBRW is owned and operated by Cumulus Media. On September 6th, 2018, Cumulus Media announced it will sell its Blacksburg cluster to Monticello Media.
- Broadcasting Yearbook 2010 (PDF). ProQuest, LLC/Reed Publishing (Nederland), B.V. 2010. p. D-560. Retrieved July 8, 2015.
- "Arbitron Station Information Profiles". Nielsen Audio/Nielsen Holdings. Retrieved July 8, 2015.
- "For the record" (PDF). Broadcasting. September 21, 1964. p. 109.
- "Call Sign History". Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved July 8, 2015.
- "WBRW Facility Data". FCCData.
- "WBRW Facility Record". Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved July 8, 2015.
- Cumulus Sells Blacksburg Cluster To Monticello Media
- 105.3 The Bear Online
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WBRW
- Radio-Locator information on WBRW
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WBRW
|This article about a radio station in Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|