|Broadcast area||Madison, Wisconsin|
|Branding||Big Oldies 93.7|
|First air date||1959 (as WEKZ-FM)|
|Former callsigns||WEKZ-FM (1959-2016)|
|Sister stations||WEKZ, WFPS, WFRL, WQLF|
WBGR-FM (93.7 FM) is a radio station broadcasting an oldies format. Licensed to Monroe, Wisconsin, United States, the station is owned by Big Radio. Their studios are east of Monroe, at W4765 Radio Lane. The transmitter site is southwest of Monroe, on Franklin Road. Co-owned WEKZ broadcasts at 1260 AM and features a Classic Country format.
Until December 2010, WEKZ-FM was known as "The Big Easy 93.7" for many years and had broadcast an Adult Contemporary format. Prior to Adult Contemporary, WEKZ-FM ran a Beautiful Music format as "EZ 93".
On October 9, 2014, a thief stole wire and components from the station's tower, however was arrested and charged with felony theft.
The station changed its call sign to WBGR-FM on January 4, 2016.
- "WBGR-FM Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WEKZ-FM adds Sly Sylvester to line-up".
- "Monroe radio tower wire stolen, suspect arrested". Madison.com. October 17, 2014.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WBGR
- Radio-Locator information on WBGR
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WBGR
|This article about a radio station in Wisconsin is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|