|City||Gate City, Virginia|
|Broadcast area||Gate City, Virginia|
Scott County, Virginia
|Frequency||1050 AM kHz|
|First air date||July 24, 1959|
|Power||1,000 Watts daytime|
267 Watts nighttime
|Callsign meaning||W GATe City|
|Former callsigns||WGAT (1959-Present)|
|Owner||Tri-Cities Broadcasting Corporation|
WGAT was a Southern Gospel-formatted broadcast radio station licensed to Gate City, Virginia, serving Gate City and Scott County, Virginia, and Kingsport, Tennessee. WGAT was owned and operated by Tri-Cities Broadcasting Corporation. Its license was cancelled October 2, 2019.
History of call letters
The call letters WGAT were previously assigned to an AM station in Utica, New York.
- Broadcasting Yearbook 2010 (PDF). ProQuest, LLC/Reed Publishing (Nederland), B.V. 2010. p. D-564. Retrieved July 16, 2015.
- "Call Sign History". Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved July 16, 2015.
- "Arbitron Station Information Profiles". Nielsen Audio/Nielsen Holdings. Retrieved July 16, 2015.
- "WGAT Facility Record". Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved July 16, 2015.
- Call Sign History, fcc.gov. Retrieved October 4, 2019.
- "WGAT Open House" (PDF). Broadcasting. April 19, 1948. Retrieved November 27, 2014.
|This article about a radio station in Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|