|Broadcast area||Knoxville Metropolitan Area|
|First air date||May 21, 1961|
|Last air date||June 20, 2017|
(date of license cancellation)
|Format||Defunct (formerly Urban Adult Contemporary/Gospel)|
|Power||5,000 watts day|
1,000 watts critical hours
|Callsign meaning||WSKT (1961–1987)|
|Owner||Metropolitan Management Corporation of Tennessee|
WNPZ (1580 AM) was a radio station serving the Knoxville Metropolitan Area with an Urban Adult Contemporary/Gospel music format. The station was under ownership of Metropolitan Management Corporation of Tennessee.
On July 24, 2017 WNPZ filed a Petition for Reconsideration.
- Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook 1999 (PDF). 1999. p. D-411. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- Bradshaw, James D. (June 20, 2017). "Re: WNPZ(AM), Knoxville, TN" (PDF). CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- "FCC Daily Digest Broadcast Applications" (PDF). Federal Communications Commission page 21. July 27, 2017. Retrieved July 27, 2017.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for DWNPZ
- Radio-Locator Information on DWNPZ
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for DWNPZ
- FCC History Cards for WNPZ
|This Tennessee radio station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|