|Broadcast area||Chattanooga, Tennessee|
|Branding||Voice of Tennessee Temple|
|Slogan||Together, Making a Difference|
|Frequency||AM 980 KHz|
|Translator(s)||W235AO 94.9 MHz|
|First air date||1958 (WRIP)|
|Power||500 watts daytime
113 watts night
|Callsign meaning||Gospel dynamite|
|Former callsigns||WUUS, WLMX, WGVT, WRIP|
|Former frequencies||WDYN-FM 89.7 MHz|
|Owner||Piedmont International University, Inc.|
WDYN (980 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a Christian radio format. Licensed to Rossville, Georgia, USA, the station serves the Chattanooga, Tennessee area. The station is currently owned by Piedmont International University, Inc.
The station signed on in 1958 as WRIP. The call letters were changed to WGVT in December 1986. Next, in February 1989, the station became WLMX-AM. In 1999, Cumulus Broadcasting owned WLMX-AM at 980. In 2000, Cumulus sold WLMX-AM and 5 other Chattanooga-area stations to Clear Channel Communications. The 980 frequency became the sports talk WUUS.
3 Daughters Media bought WUUS from Clear Channel in a deal announced late in 2006, simulcasting WNGA for some time. In January 2009, WUUS-AM 980 AM broke away from the simulcast, becoming Talk AM 980.
From 1968, WDYN had been located at FM 89.7. In November 2010, Tennessee Temple sold the station's transmitters and frequency to Bible Broadcasting Network for $2.5 million as WYBK. The school retained the studio facilities, and continued to broadcast on the internet.
The station was transferred to Piedmont International University effective August 10, 2015, as part of their merger with Tennessee Temple University.
|City of license||Facility
|W235AO||94.9 FM||Chattanooga, Tennessee||148230||.099||56.8 m (186 ft)||FCC|
- "WDYN Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- http://www.cumulus.com/cc_044.html, Retrieved on 2008/12/10.
- http://www.shgresources.com/tn/radio, Retrieved on 2008/12/10.
- http://www.radiodiversity.com/archives/000925.shtml, Retrieved on 2008/12/10.
- http://www.fybush.com/site-020515.html, Retrieved on 2008/12/10.
- "Deals," Broadcasting & Cable, October 2, 2006.
- Lovett says radio sale will extend gospel reach
- Chattanooga backfill deal gets school back in the radio biz
- WDYN Returns to the FM
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WDYN
- Radio-Locator Information on WDYN
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WDYN
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W235AO
- Radio-Locator information on W235AO
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for W235AO
|This Tennessee radio station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|