Wankers Corner, Oregon
Wanker's Country Store
|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
|Area code(s)||503 and 971|
Wankers Corner is an unincorporated area centered at the intersection of Stafford Road and Borland Road in Clackamas County, Oregon, United States. Because this is not a recognized community, it has never had a post office, nor does it consistently appear on maps of Oregon (although the AAA map of Oregon shows it in an inset). The United States Geological Survey classifies Wankers Corner as a "locale": "a place at which there is or was human activity". It has frequently been noted on lists of unusual place names. There are two main buildings located at Wanker's Corner: (1) Wanker's Country Store (selling convenience items) and (2) Corner Saloon
Wanker's Country Store
Wanker's Country Store is located at the intersection of Stafford Road and Borland Road. It is a local "Mom & Pop" store and according to its website sells various convenience items, coffee, wine, beer, sandwiches and other food. It is the home of the Wanker's Wine Cave.
Saloon and Cafe
As of May 2007, Wanker's Corner Saloon and Cafe is located on Main Street in Wilsonville, Oregon, five or so miles south-southwest of Wankers Corner, that is, the intersection of Stafford Road and Borland Road; the website states the establishment is a successor to the original Wanker's Corner Saloon and Cafe up the road, forced to move to larger quarters to accommodate the owner's collections of "antiques, junk, knick-knacks, Americana, Australiana, movie posters, and many unidentifiable objects."
- "Feature Query Results". United States Board on Geographic Names, United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- "Feature Class Definitions". United States Board on Geographic Names, United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- Parker, Quentin (2010). Welcome to Horneytown, North Carolina, Population: 15: An insider's guide to 201 of the world's weirdest and wildest places. Adams Media. pp. xii.
- Wanker's Country Store Web Page http://www.wankersstore.com Wanker's Country Store Web Page. Missing or empty
- Jones, Philip N.; Henderson, Jean (1992). Bicycling the Backroads of Northwest Oregon. The Mountaineers Books. pp. 72–73. ISBN 0-89886-340-6.