Washington Township, Pike County, Indiana
Location in Pike County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||45.12 sq mi (116.9 km2)|
|• Land||44.09 sq mi (114.2 km2)|
|• Water||1.03 sq mi (2.7 km2) 2.28%|
|Elevation||472 ft (144 m)|
|• Density||101.2/sq mi (39.1/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47567, 47598|
|GNIS feature ID||454013|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 45.12 square miles (116.9 km2), of which 44.09 square miles (114.2 km2) (or 97.72%) is land and 1.03 square miles (2.7 km2) (or 2.28%) is water. The White River defines the township's northern border, as well as the northern border of Pike County.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these eight cemeteries: Indian Mound, Johnson, Morrison, Old Town, Old Union, Stuckey, Walnut Hill and Walnut Hill.
Airports and landing strips
- Whiteriver Airfield
- Warner Lake
- Pike County School Corporation
- State House District 64
- State Senate District 48
- "Washington Township, Pike County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-11-26.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Washington Township
||Harrison Township, Knox County||Veale Township, Daviess County|
|Madison Township||Jefferson Township|
|Logan Township||Patoka Township|