Watertown Municipal Airport (Wisconsin)
|Watertown Municipal Airport|
|Owner||City of Watertown|
|Elevation AMSL||833 ft / 254 m|
Watertown Municipal Airport (ICAO: KRYV, FAA LID: RYV) is a public use airport located in and owned by the city of Watertown, in Jefferson County, Wisconsin, United States. It is included in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2017–2021, in which it is categorized as a regional general aviation facility.
Watertown Municipal Airport was the site of the first Transponder Landing System in the United States.
Facilities and aircraft
- Runway 5/23: 4,429 x 75 ft. (1,350 x 23 m.), Surface: Asphalt. Approved GPS and NDB approaches.
- Runway 11/29: 2,801 x 75 ft. (854 x 23 m.), Surface: Asphalt. Approved GPS approaches.
The ROCK RIVER (RYV) non-directional beacon, 371 kHz, is located on the field.
For the 12-month period ending August 26, 2015, the airport had 58,000 aircraft operations, an average of 159 per day: 89% general aviation, 9% air taxi and 2% military. In March 2017, there were 70 aircraft based at this airport: 55 single-engine, 13 multi-engine, 1 jet and 1 helicopter.
There is an aero-park, sponsored by the local Marine League, located adjacent to the airport where air operations can be observed.
Various monuments at the Marine League Aero Park adjacent to the airport.
- FAA Airport Master Record for RYV ( PDF), effective Mar 2, 2017.
- "List of NPIAS Airports" (PDF). FAA.gov. Federal Aviation Administration. 21 October 2016. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- Great Circle Mapper: KRYV - Watertown, Wisconsin
- "Watertown Municipal Airport" (PDF). at Wisconsin DOT Airport Directory
- Wisconsin Aviation, the Fixed-Base Operator (FBO)
- FAA Terminal Procedures for RYV, effective March 2, 2017
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in Wisconsin is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in Wisconsin is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|