We Walk the Line: A Celebration of the Music of Johnny Cash
|We Walk The Line: A Celebration of the Music of Johnny Cash|
|Live album by Various artists|
|Released||August 7, 2012|
|Recorded||April 20, 2012|
|Genre||Country, Folk Rock|
We Walk The Line: A Celebration of the Music of Johnny Cash is a live tribute album to country musician, Johnny Cash. The album features various interpretations of Cash's hits and songs he had covered on his American Recordings albums. The concert presented artists from a wide variety of genres and were backed by an all-star band led by Grammy Award-winning producer and musical director Don Was, country songwriter and musician Buddy Miller, drummer Kenny Aronoff, keyboardist Ian McLagan, and multi-instrumentalist Greg Leisz. The profits from the ticket sales and album release will benefit "Charley's Fund", a non-profit organization that works to find a cure for the fatal childhood disease Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
|1.||"Folsom Prison Blues" (Brandi Carlile)||J. Cash||3:52|
|2.||"Ring of Fire" (Ronnie Dunn)||J. Cash, M. Kilgore||3:15|
|3.||"Hey Porter" (Buddy Miller)||J. Cash||3:07|
|4.||"Hurt" (Lucinda Williams)||T. Reznor||4:00|
|5.||"Wreck of the Old 97" (Rhett Miller)||B. Johnson, N. Blake||2:36|
|6.||"Jackson" (Carolina Chocolate Drops)||G. Rodgers, B. Wheeler||3:31|
|7.||"The Long Black Veil" (Iron & Wine)||M. Wilkin, D. Dill||2:53|
|8.||"Big River" (Kris Kristofferson)||J. Cash||2:31|
|9.||"Why Me Lord" (Shelby Lynne)||K. Kristofferson||3:10|
|10.||"Help Me Make It Through the Night" (Pat Monahan)||K. Kristofferson||3:51|
|11.||"It Ain't Me Babe" (Shelby Lynne and Pat Monahan)||B. Dylan||3:46|
|12.||"Sunday Morning Coming Down" (Kris Kristofferson and Jamey Johnson)||K. Kristofferson||4:42|
|13.||"Get Rhythm" (Andy Grammer)||J. Cash||2:50|
|14.||"Cocaine Blues" (Shooter Jennings and Amy Nelson)||T. J. Arnall||2:43|
|15.||"I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" (Amy Lee)||H. Williams||3:15|
|16.||"Cry, Cry, Cry" (Sheryl Crow)||J. Cash||2:42|
|17.||"I Still Miss Someone" (Willie Nelson)||J. Cash, R. Cash, Jr.||2:45|
|18.||"If I Were a Carpenter" (Sheryl Crow and Willie Nelson)||T. Hardin||3:07|
|19.||"Highwayman" (Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Shooter Jennings, and Jamey Johnson)||J. Webb||3:07|
|20.||"I Walk the Line" (Full Ensemble)||J. Cash||2:29|
Note: The songs are credited as they appear in the liner notes.
DVD Sequencing and Features
Bonus features include a rehearsal performance of "I Still Miss Someone" by Willie Nelson, a performance of "The Man Comes Around" by McConaughey, a featurette titled "Johnny Cash, His Life and Music" (featuring interviews from the ensemble), and "Walk the Line: The Making of a Celebration", a behind the scenes look on how the concert was conceived.
|US Billboard 200||200|
|US Billboard Top Country Albums||38|
- "We Walk The Line: A Celebration Of The Music of Johnny Cash Set For April 20". Glide Magazine. Glide Publishing, LLC. Retrieved 15 August 2012.
- Wortman, Keith, dir. 'We Walk the Line: A Celebration of the Music of Johnny Cash.' Perf. Various artists. Legacy Recordings, 2012. DVD. 15 Aug 2012.
- "Johnny Cash To Be Celebrated With "We Walk The Line: A Celebration Of The Music Of Johnny Cash" In Honor Of His 80th Birthday". Retrieved 15 August 2012.
- "Johnny Cash Tribute, featuring Ian McLagan, Don Was, Kenny Aronoff, To Hit The Road". 98.5 WNCX Cleveland's Classic Rock. CBS Radio Inc. Retrieved 15 August 2012.
- Duvall, Erin. "Matthew McConaughey, Pat Monahan, Shelby Lynne Added to Johnny Cash Tribute". The Boot. AOL Inc. Retrieved 15 August 2012.
- "Legacy Recordings Set To Release We Walk The Line: A Celebration of the Music of Johnny Cash, A Deluxe CD/DVD Set Capturing The All-star 80th Birthday Concert Spectacular". PR Newswire. PR Newswire Association LLC. Retrieved 15 August 2012.
- "Chart listing for We Walk the Line: A Celebration of the Music". Billboard. Retrieved August 16, 2012.