Weightlifting at the 2012 Summer Olympics – Men's 85 kg
|Men's 85 kg|
at the Games of the XXX Olympiad
|Competitors||23 from 20 nations|
|Weightlifting at the|
2012 Summer Olympics
|56 kg||48 kg|
|62 kg||53 kg|
|69 kg||58 kg|
|77 kg||63 kg|
|85 kg||69 kg|
|94 kg||75 kg|
|105 kg||+75 kg|
Total score was the sum of the lifter's best result in each of the snatch and the clean and jerk, with three lifts allowed for each lift. In case of a tie, the lighter lifter won; if still tied, the lifter who took the fewest attempts to achieve the total score won. Lifters without a valid snatch score did not perform the clean and jerk.
In June 2016, following the Russian doping scandal, it was announced by IWF that retests of the samples taken from the 2012 Olympics indicated that silver medalist Apti Aukhadov had tested positive for prohibited substances (dehydrochloromethyltestosterone and drostanolone). It was confirmed that Aukhadov was stripped of his medal by the IOC on 18 October 2016
|3 August 2012||10:00||Group B|
Prior to this competition, the existing world and Olympic records were as follows.
|World Record||Snatch||Andrei Rybakou (BLR)||187 kg||Chiang Mai, Thailand||22 September 2007|
|Clean & Jerk||Zhang Yong (CHN)||218 kg||Ramat Gan, Israel||25 April 1998|
Lu Yong (CHN)
15 August 2008
Giorgi Asanidze (GEO)
23 September 2000
|Clean & Jerk||Pyrros Dimas (GRE)||215 kg||Sydney, Australia||23 September 2000|
Lu Yong (CHN)
15 August 2008
- Andrei Rybakou's world and Olympic records were rescinded in 2016.
|Rank||Athlete||Group||Body weight||Snatch (kg)||Clean & Jerk (kg)||Total|
|Adrian Zieliński (POL)||A||84.62||170||174||174||206||211||211||385|
|Kianoush Rostami (IRI)||A||84.35||171||171||209||209||380|
|Tarek Yehia (EGY)||A||84.70||160||165||165||205||210||210||375|
|4||Ivan Markov (BUL)||A||84.71||168||172||172||203||203||375|
|5||Ragab Abdelhay (EGY)||A||84.81||161||165||165||202||207||207||372|
|6||Yoelmis Hernández (CUB)||A||82.28||158||163||163||205||205||368|
|7||Mikalai Novikau (BLR)||B||84.71||163||167||167||192||196||196||363|
|8||Kendrick Farris (USA)||B||84.70||150||155||155||190||200||200||355|
|9||Sherzodjon Yusupov (UZB)||B||84.72||150||155||155||180||195||195||350|
|10||Pitaya Tibnoke (THA)||B||84.47||152||152||193||196||196||348|
|11||Safaa Rashed (IRQ)||B||83.01||145||150||150||195||195||345|
|12||Richie Patterson (NZL)||B||84.46||150||150||183||186||186||336|
|13||Steven Kari (PNG)||B||84.74||135||140||140||175||180||180||320|
|14||Nezir Sağır (TUR)||B||83.45||130||140||140||160||170||175||175||315|
|—||Mansur Rejepow (TKM)||B||84.57||160||160||—||—|
|—||Lu Yong (CHN)||A||84.54||175||178||178||—||—|
|—||Sohrab Moradi (IRI)||A||84.19||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|—||Gabriel Sîncrăian (ROU)||A||84.07||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|—||Benjamin Hennequin (FRA)||A||84.44||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|—||Ara Khachatryan (ARM)||B||84.74||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|—||Andrei Rybakou (BLR)||A||84.09||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|DQ||Apti Aukhadov (RUS)||A||84.75||169||173||175||—||205||210||—||—|
|DQ||Rauli Tsirekidze (GEO)||B||84.49||162||—||195||200||—||—|
- Apti Aukhadov of Russia originally finished second, but was disqualified after he tested positive for dehydrochloromethyltestosterone and drostanolone.
- Rauli Tsirekidze of Georgia originally finished ninth, but was disqualified after he tested positive for dehydrochloromethyltestosterone and stanozolol.
- "Weightlifting – Schedule & Results". london2012.com. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- "Format competition – Weightlifting". london2012.com. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- "Eleven London 2012 weightlifters fail doping tests". Reuters. 27 July 2016. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- "IOC sanctions two athletes for failing anti-doping test at London 2012". International Olympic Committee. 18 Oct 2016. Retrieved 2016-10-18.
- "IOC sanctions 12 athletes for failing anti-doping test at London 2012". International Olympic Committee. 21 Nov 2016. Retrieved 2016-11-21.