Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC/Radical Education Edit-a-thon
|When and Where|
|When:||2 December 2018|
|Time||2PM - 5PM|
|Where:||314 7TH STREET|
Brooklyn, New York
In recognition of its current exhibition, Free Education!, the Interference Archive, supported by Wikimedia NYC, is holding a Wikipedia Edit-a-thon on the theme of radical education throughout history. We’ll work to improve representation of the individuals and organizations involved in radical education movements worldwide — including those represented in the exhibition, and those that are not. We will glean relevant information from the collection at Interference Archive to share through Wikipedia. Our objective is to make information and documentation related to this work more accessible for current and future movement makers, educators, and learners.
Snacks will be provided. Childcare is available if requested by November 28, 2018. Please RSVP or request childcare through this form.
No experience editing Wikipedia is required but please bring a laptop! Experienced Wikipedians will be around to help out, and we’ll be starting the edit-a-thon at 2pm with a brief tutorial to cover the basics. Questions? Send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Articles to Create/Edit
Articles to Edit
- Free University of New York -- This article is a stub, and can be expanded on
- Growing Without Schooling -- This article needs citations and needs improvement in order to meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines. Interference Archive has a very lengthy run of this publication.
- Gay Liberation Front -- This article needs more citations
- Deschooling Society
- Unschooling -- The "Legality" section of this article needs citations
- Grace Llewellyn -- The point of view and neutral tone on this article needs improvement
- Wendy Priesnitz -- The neutral tone on this article needs improvement; it also needs a lot more citations and facts
- Catherine Baker -- This article about a French unschooling essayist is a stub
- Sudbury Valley School -- This article needs additional sources
- The Little Red Schoolbook
- Northern Student Movement
Articles to Create
- Free University Berkeley -- Some documents can be found here
- Alternate U
- Purple Thistle Centre
- Psychologists for a Democratic Society
- Burning City Theater
- It’s All Right To Be Woman Theatre
- Sue Perlgut
- Susan Sherman (poet, playwright, and editor)
- Allied Media Projects
Please click here and list what page you are working on so we can collaborate and/or not double up.