Wikipedia:Meetup/San Diego/Wiknic 2016
The San Diego Wiknic, the "picnic anyone can edit", will be held in Fanuel Street Park in Pacific Beach on Saturday July 9, 2016, as part of the Great American Wiknic celebrations being held across the United States.
There are no fire rings or permanent grills in the park, but there is a designated place to dispose of hot coals, which suggests that portable grills are welcome. There are several benches scattered about, but no picnic tables.
Please note: no alcohol or smoking in the park.
- Date: Saturday July 9, 2016
- Time: 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm (come by any time!)
- Location: Fanuel Street Park, 4000 Fanuel St, San Diego
- Transit: Take Bus no. 9 from Old Town to Ingraham Street and Pacific Beach Drive then walk about 3 blocks west along Pacific Drive. The park is on the left. For more information about transit options, visit the Metropolitan Transit System Trip Planner.
- Parking: Free
- Potluck: Remember it's a wiki-picnic, which means potluck! Please sign up (below) to bring something!
- meet other Wikipedians
- talk and learn about Wikimedia
- help with Wikipedia problems and questions
- ideas for future San Diego activities
Potluck Commitments (Intentions)
Please pick out what you can bring and add your name to the slot. You can volunteer to bring potluck food, supplies and recreations. Bring enough of what you want to share from your favorite store or kitchen or storage.
- Finger foods
- Main dishes
- Water and soft drinks
- Ice @Rob talk 18:28, 6 July 2016 (UTC)
- Staking out space before 4 pm - DrMel (talk) 00:15, 4 July 2016 (UTC)
- handtruck for loading stuff in DrMel (talk) 00:14, 4 July 2016 (UTC)
- drink cooler with ice (bring drinks) - OOPS - we don't have one we can use. Anyone else? DrMel (talk) 05:42, 9 July 2016 (UTC)
- 2 folding tables, 3 chairs, and a sunshade DrMel (talk) 00:14, 4 July 2016 (UTC)
- picnic blankets or towels
- Utensils, napkins @Rob talk 18:25, 6 July 2016 (UTC)
- Plates, cups @Rob talk 18:25, 6 July 2016 (UTC)
- Fun and games
- beach and water toys
If you are interested in coming, add your name below in whichever section best describes your RSVP with # ~~~~.
- Worldbruce (talk) 21:32, 28 June 2016 (UTC)
- Swedam (talk) 16:26, 3 July 2016 (UTC)
- DrMel (talk) 23:12, 5 July 2016 (UTC)
- with Stan, Zanna, Kristin, and Ken with family
- SusanLesch (talk) 14:43, 6 July 2016 (UTC) for a half hour or so
- @Rob talk 18:26, 6 July 2016 (UTC)
- Shuan (talk) 17:20, 7 July 2016 (UTC) (Be there around 4:00pm, see you :))
- Thebryan01 (talk) 19:36, 9 July 2016 (UTC)Bryan Grossbauch
- Rschen7754 19:50, 3 July 2016 (UTC)
- I have not been very active on Wikipedia since July 2015, only contributing occasionally since. I have work until 1600PDT, and have to be at Point Loma Heights at 1700PDT, so I may stop by to say hi.--RightCowLeftCoast (talk) 23:38, 8 July 2016 (UTC)
- Amkilpatrick (talk) 17:55, 4 July 2016 (UTC) : sorry, going to be away next weekend, hosting an editathon in Orlando, though! Hopefully next time, thanks for the invite :)