Wikipedia:Teahouse/Host lounge/How-to guides
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This collection of easy how-to talking points are here to help hosts easily explain editing tasks to new users. It is divided into thematic editing areas. Please share your how-to's as well!
Article creation and editing
- How to add categories and why we use them.
- Policies around adding Wikipedia links, inter-wiki links and external links, and how to add them.
- Redirects & moving articles
- A brief examination of why redirects are created and how to create them, and how to move articles.
- References and sources
- What type of sources we use and how to add them.
- Why to use and how to create sandboxes. This shares its space with the userspace guide.
- Explains how to watch and remove articles from one's watchlist.
- Discusses how to upload images, how to use images in Wikipedia and how to share images on Commons.
- Conflict of interest (COI)
- Examines policy around conflict of interest and provides information how to edit BLP's, etc to avoid COI.
- Userspace guide
- Explores how users can improve and use their userspaces, make username changes, use talk pages, etc.
- Facebook & Wikipedia
- Discusses why Facebook pages don't update instantly after updates are made to the Wikipedia page.