- Project News
- Two new templates are available for assisting in adding fair use rationales for film-related images that need them. Template:Filmrationale can be included on the image page for posters, screenshots, and VHS/DVD covers while Template:Filmbiorationale can be used for deceased actors. By adding fair use rationales for the many images the project includes, we can help ensure that various images are not deleted for lacking a FUR.
- List of American films has been developed, and could currently use some assistance in developing each of the years, beginning in the 1890s to 2009. Each year needs to have the list of films converted to wikilinks within tables that also contain the director, cast, and genre of the film. Consider tackling a year or assisting in sorting a few films when you have the time.
- After a discussion on the main project talk page, a policy was proposed and discussion started on its talk page. This policy, Wikipedia:Citing IMDb, was later rejected by the community. However, please keep in mind that certain aspects of it can be taken into account by article writers as guidelines.
- Spotlight Update: Multiple films and film-related articles have reached GA and FA status in this issue date July 2007.
- Member News
- New members to the project since the last issue include: Thetanmancan, Black Mesa, Georgejwarren, Goingtoalaska, CWH, Moviejunkie99, Saber12, MC RIDE, Wachapon2, Mr pand, Max.srinivas WikiLen, Max rspct, Reginmund, Red Gown, User aaqib12, and Bucklesman.
- Recipients of the WikiProject Films Award:
- Please add your name to the member list if you have not already.
- Coming to theatres
Opened last weekend (7/27):
Opening this weekend (8/3):
Opening next weekend (8/8-10)
Other August Releases
- From the Editors
If you've just joined, add your name to the Participants section of Wikipedia:WikiProject Films. You'll get a mention in the next issue of the Newsletter and get it delivered as desired. Also, please include your own promotions and awards in future issues. Don't be shy!
Lastly, this is your newsletter and you can be involved in the creation of the next issue (Issue next issue number 8 – next issue date August 2007). Any and all contributions are welcome. Simply let yourself be known to any of the undersigned, or just start editing!
- Contributors to this Issue
|Complete Announcements/To Do List
Make visible or invisible by clicking Show or Hide, respectively.
1960s in film
GoldenEye • Who's Nailin' Paylin?
Film images: The Big Night, House of Cards (1968 film), Sergeant Rutledge, Hard Days, Hard Nights (1989 film), His Majesty O'Keefe, The Bell Witch Haunting, Dragons: Fire and Ice, Pack Up Your Troubles, Jinxed!, Early Summer