William Leach (Canadian Army officer)
November 6, 1942|
|Died||April 1, 2015
|Commands held||Chief of the Land Staff|
|Awards||Commander of the Order of Military Merit
Canadian Forces Decoration
Leach graduated from the Royal Military College of Canada with a degree in Economics and Commerce in 1965 and was commissioned into the Canadian Army. He went on to command a Logistic Battalion. From 1977 he worked in a series of senior administrative and finance positions at National Defence Headquarters and from 1987 he held various supply and logistics appointments there.
- "BillLeach". chamblycounty.com. Retrieved 5 April 2015.
- "Royal Military College of Canada - Review Yearbook (Kingston, Ontario Canada)". e-yearbook.com. Retrieved 5 April 2015.
- Friends of the Canadian War Museum
- Brass examinations: career of Canada's Army Commander outshone by those of his peers Esprit de Corps, September 1999
- Ottawa Valley Guide
- "Canadian Armed Forces announce the passing of former Commander of the Canadian Army - Retired Lieutenant-General leaves behind a strong legacy of military service". Canadian Armed Forces. Retrieved 5 April 2015.
- David Pugliese, Ottawa Citizen More David Pugliese, Ottawa Citizen. "Former Canadian Army commander Bill Leach passes away". Ottawa Citizen. Retrieved 5 April 2015.
|Chief of the Land Staff