Willows-Glenn County Airport
|Willows-Glenn County Airport|
|Elevation AMSL||141 ft / 43 m|
Willows-Glenn County Airport (IATA: WLW, ICAO: KWLW, FAA LID: WLW) is a county owned, public use airport located one nautical mile (2 km) west of the central business district of Willows, a city in Glenn County, California, United States. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility. It is also known as Willows-Glenn Airport.
The War Department acquired 318.2 acres (128.8 ha) by a lease (numbers W 868-ENG-2344 and W2972-ENG-1045) with Glenn County, California, in 1942. The site was used as an auxiliary airfield for Chico Army Airfield. The only improvement to the site was the asphalt runway. The Fourth Air Force declared the field excess to its needs on July 24, 1944. The lease was terminated June 11, 1945. 
Facilities and aircraft
Willows-Glenn County Airport covers an area of 320 acres (129 ha) at an elevation of 141 feet (43 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 16/34 is 4,125 by 100 feet (1,257 x 30 m) and 13/31 is 3,788 by 60 feet (1,155 x 18 m). It also has one helipad designated H1 with a concrete surface measuring is 60 by 60 feet (18 x 18 m).
For the 12-month period ending March 31, 2011, the airport had 29,500 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 80 per day. At that time there were 34 aircraft based at this airport: 88% single-engine, 3% jet, and 9% helicopter.
- United States Air Force portal
- Military of the United States portal
- World War II portal
- California World War II Army Airfields
- FAA Airport Master Record for WLW ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "Willows-Glenn Airport". Glenn County. Archived from the original on July 4, 2008.
- This article incorporates public domain material from the Air Force Historical Research Agency website http://www.afhra.af.mil/.
- Airport page at Glenn County website
- Aerial image as of August 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for WLW, effective September 13, 2018
- Resources for this airport: