India Fashion Week
The India Fashion Week , is an bi-annual fashion week organized and promoted by the Fashion Design Council of India and has been sponsored by Wills Lifestyle, from 2006-2014. The new title sponsor for the same is Amazon.in
NEW DELHI, India, Feb. 15 -- ITC Limited issued the following press release: The Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI), the proprietor of India Fashion Week and PDM (Percept D'Mark), partners in implementing and marketing the event, announced ITC's premium fashion brand Wills Lifestyle as the Official Title Sponsor Partner for the India Fashion Week. This year the Autumn Winter 2015 season marks the 25th edition for India Fashion Week. This season FDCI announces partnership with Amazon.in, India’s largest online store for India Fashion Week  Also, India Fashion Week (WIFW) is, after all, all about the Business of Fashion. It is a fashion week and held in the national capital of India, New Delhi annually. Amazon India Fashion Week Autumn Winter 2015 will be held from March 25 to March 29, 2015, at Hall No.18, Pragati Maidan, ITPO, New Delhi. .
India Fashion Week Autumn Winter 2010 had collections from 130 designers on the runway and the exhibition areas.
Since it is a national body for fashion industry, FDCI has built credibility over years by associating with the Indian government and various ministries. FDCI was commissioned by the Ministry of External Affairs and the Indian Council for Cultural Relations to organize a SAARC fashion show.
IFW is an all-encompassing fashion event, which will cater to the entire fashion fraternity. More than 100 designers are participating include India's most eminent names in the world of fashion, accessory and textiles as well as young and upcoming designers. Participating designers will showcase their Pret (ready-to-wear) and Diffusion (between ready-to-wear and couture) lines in Indian, Indo-Western and Western categories on the ramp and in the trade centre.
The WIFW autumn-winter 2014 started on March 26, 2014 with actress Shilpa Shetty walking the ramp wearing the collections of designer Tarun Tahiliani. The WIFW spring-summer 2015 event started on October 8, 2014 at New Delhi.
The Indian Fashion Industry has become a growing industry with international events such as the Indian Fashion Week and annual shows by fashion designers being held across major cites of the country. On this event, many famous Indian and International designers introduce their latest collection every year. Buyers from all over the country, and world gather at this event, to reserve their outfits. Also, it's a great platform via which new, and fresh coming designers showcase their talent. It's a great career ladder to success. Some of the few famous designers are listed in the table below:
|Rahul Jaikar||Catwalk Designer||Indian Attire|
|Gauri & Nainika||Exhibition Designer||Bespoke gowns|
|Rohit Bahl||Exhibition Designer||Best Menswear|
|Pia Pauro||Catwalk Designer||Exotic prints|
|Janavi||Accessory Designer||Soft pastels|
|Joy Mitra||Catwalk Designer||Banarasi brocades|
|Nikasha||Catwalk Designer||Contemporary outlook|
|Jenjum Gadi||Exhibition Designer||Versatility of Gota.|
|Amit Aggarwal||Exhibition Designer||Unique global vibe.|
|Alpana & Neeraj||Catwalk Designer||Textures and Shapes|
- "India Fashion Week - Sponsor Page".
- "Ramp fun begins: Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2013 opens today". Hindustan Times. March 12, 2013.
- "Fashion week in India". BBC News. 18 August 2000. Retrieved March 14, 2013.
- "WILLS LIFESTYLE TO BE OFFICIAL TITLE SPONSOR FOR INDIA FASHION WEEK". The Hindustan Times. Feb 15, 2006.
- http://www.fdci.org/newsdetails.aspx?nid=889. Missing or empty
- "WILLS LIFESTYLE TO BE OFFICIAL TITLE SPONSOR FOR INDIA FASHION WEEK". Hindustan Times. Retrieved Feb 15, 2006.
- "Amazon India Fashion Week - Autumn Winter 2015".
- "Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week, Spring - Summer 2010 - Designers".
- "DOPE SHEET - WILLS INDIA FASHION WEEK (SPRING SUMMER - 16TH EDITION)" (PDF).
- "Shilpa Shetty shines in Tarun Tahiliani’s Collections at Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- "Monica Dogra goes bold at Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week". news.biharprabha.com. IANS. 12 October 2014. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Cover Story: Global Design for Indian Fashion" (PDF). MARKATHON 3 (10). 2012.