Windsor station (Connecticut)
The 1870-built Hartford and New Haven Railroad depot at Windsor
|Location||41 Central Street
|Line(s)||New Haven–Springfield Line|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Passengers (2013)||13,235 13%|
Hartford & New Haven Railroad Depot
|Architectural style||Second Empire|
|MPS||18th and 19th Century Brick Architecture of Windsor TR|
|NRHP Reference #||88001479|
|Added to NRHP||September 15, 1988|
The Connecticut Department of Transportation plans to add a new commuter rail service called the Hartford Line in collaboration with Amtrak and the federal government that will run between New Haven and Springfield, Massachusetts. As of late 2015, funding had been secured and the service is scheduled to begin operation in early 2018.
The nearby Hartford & New Haven Railroad-Freight Depot serves as the home of the Windsor Arts Center.
Windsor Station was originally built in 1870 as the Hartford & New Haven Railroad Depot and rebuilt to its original Victorian architecture by Town of Windsor, Amtrak and the Greater Hartford Transit District in 1988, the same year it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
In February 2017, the state announced an additional $50 million in funds, including money to complete design of the rebuilt Windsor station.
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Windsor, Connecticut
- Wallingford, Connecticut, Amtrak station – a station with a similar design
- Windsor Locks station
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2013, State of Connecticut" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2013. Retrieved December 3, 2013.
- Hartford County Listings at the National Register of Historic Places
- Stacom, Dan (December 4, 2015). "Springfield-To-New Haven Commuter Rail Cost Increases, Service Begins In 2018". Hartford Courant. Retrieved December 5, 2015.
- Great American Stations. Accessed March 6, 2013.
- "CTDOT ANNOUNCES $50 MILLION IN ADDITIONAL FUNDING FOR NHHS RAIL PROGRAM" (Press release). Connecticut Department of Transportation. February 20, 2017.
- Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) No. CT-23-A, "Hartford & New Haven Railroad, Depot, 35 Central Street, Windsor, Hartford County, CT"
Media related to Windsor station (Connecticut) at Wikimedia Commons