The studio was founded in 2007 by a group of artists from computer games and information technology industry. Their experience changes the animation industry in Russia which allowed them to launch a new type of computer animation studio and involve young artists from different cities of Russia and Ukraine.
In 2011 Wizart Animation created a new business department to promote and sell animation content in Russian and International markets.
The studio's first feature film, The Snow Queen, was released in 2012, earning $14 million worldwide, setting record for a Russian animated feature. In 2014, it was followed by the sequel, titled The Snow Queen 2: The Snow King. The studio's first original film, titled Sheep & Wolves, was released in Russian theaters on 28 April 2016.
|1||The Snow Queen||2012||$7 million||$14 million|
|2||The Snow Queen 2: The Snow King ||2014||-||$11 million|
|3||Sheep & Wolves ||2016||-||$3 million|
|4||The Snow Queen 3: Fire and Ice||2016|
- "Russian Animated Film 'The Snow Queen' a Hit With Distributors in Cannes". The Moscow Times. 19 May 2014. Retrieved 13 January 2016.
- The Snow Queen, a Russian 3D Animated Feature, Steroscopy News
- "Sheep and Wolves". Wizart Animation. Retrieved 8 February 2014.
- "Sheep & Wolves (2016)". Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- Milligan, Mercedes (22 November 2016). "Wizart Thaws Out New 'Snow Queen 3′ Trailer". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 29 December 2016.
|This article related to an animation studio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|