Xiandai Hanyu Guifan Cidian
Xiandai Hanyu Guifan Cidian, 2nd edition
|Publisher||Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press|
|January 2004 (original version)|
May 2014 (3rd edition)
Xiandai Hanyu Guifan Cidian (simplified Chinese: 现代汉语规范词典; traditional Chinese: 現代漢語規範詞典; pinyin: Xiàndài Hànyǔ Guīfàn Cídiǎn; literally: Contemporary Chinese Standard Dictionary' or 'A Standard Dictionary of Contemporary Chinese) is a dictionary of Standard Chinese created as part of proposal in the Eighth Five-year Plan of China.:title page It is similar to Xiandai Hanyu Cidian, but with notable divergences. The third edition has entries for 12,000 characters and 72,000 words, with over 80,000 example usages.
|Edition||Release date||Number of entries||ISBN|
|(original)||January 2004||ISBN 7-5600-3975-8|
|2nd||March 2010||70,000+||ISBN 978-7-5600-9518-9|
|3rd||May 2014||72,000+||ISBN 978-7-5135-4562-4|
In 2004, two million copies of the first edition of Xiandai Hanyu Guifan Cidian were printed. In March 2004, Jiang Lansheng and other twelve members of the 1st Plenary Session of the 10th CPPCC National Committee submitted a proposal titled 《辞书应慎用“规范”冠名》 (Literally: Dictionaries Ought to Use the Word "Standard" (规范, guīfàn) in their Titles More Prudently). The document stated that Xiandai Hanyu Cidian was in full compliance with the nation's linguistic standards and questioned the naming of and the overall editorial quality of the new Xiandai Hanyu Guifan Cidian. Some of the argumentation was derived from the book 《拯救辞书——规范辨正、质量管窥及学术道德考量》.:205
The 2010 second edition includes 70,000 entries and 80,000 example usages. Among the 2,600 new definitions and new words added in the second edition were '微博' ('Weibo'), '低碳经济' ('Low-carbon economy') and others.:283
The third edition was the first to be written according to the standard of the Table of General Standard Chinese Characters. The third edition added new definitions for some words. For example, '土豪' was newly defined as 'new rich'.:1329 In the 'Additions Part 1: Single Character Entries' section of the dictionary, new entries for four hundred relatively rarely-used characters from the Table of General Standard Chinese Characters were added, including entries for '鲿' ('codfish'), '玃' (a literary term for monkeys) and others.:1772–5:46–7 New entries included in the 'Additions Part 2: Multi-syllable Entries' section of the third edition include '微信' ('WeChat'), '吐槽' ('to whine') and others.:1796 The third edition includes 5,500 notes appended to various word and character entries that point out common mistakes and non-standard usages among Mandarin Chinese. These notes were created in part through a review of common errors in Gaokao examination papers.
- 现代汉语规范词典(第3版) [A Standard Dictionary of Current Chinese (Third Edition).] (in Chinese). Beijing: 外语教学与研究出版社. Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press. May 2014. ISBN 978-7-513-54562-4.
- 《现代汉语规范词典》与《现代汉语词典》立目之比较. cnki.com.cn (in Chinese).
- 《现代汉语规范词典》完成新一轮修订 (in Chinese). 27 August 2014. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- 现代汉语规范词典为土豪定义：有钱没文化的人 (in Chinese). 27 August 2014. Retrieved 26 November 2018.
- 现代汉语规范词典 [Xiandai Hanyu Guifan Cidian.] (in Chinese). Beijing: 外语教学与研究出版社. Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press. January 2004. ISBN 7-5600-3975-8.
- 现代汉语规范词典(第2版) [A Standard Dictionary of Current Chinese (Second Edition).] (in Chinese). Beijing: 外语教学与研究出版社. Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press. March 2010. ISBN 978-7-5600-9518-9.
- Qu, Jing (璩静) (23 June 2010). 新《现代汉语规范词典》发行 收入微博等新词 (in Chinese). Retrieved 26 November 2018.
- 《现代汉语词典》五十年 [Fifty years - A Dictionary of Current Chinese] (in Chinese). Beijing: Commercial Press. 2004. ISBN 7100042178.
- 通用规范汉字表 [Table of General Standard Chinese Characters] (PDF) (in Chinese). Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China. 18 Jun 2013. Retrieved 17 Jun 2014.
This article needs additional or more specific categories. (January 2019)