Zaven Andriasian, Warsaw 2012
March 11, 1989 |
Yerevan, Armenian SSR, Soviet Union
|FIDE rating||2616 (July 2016)|
|Peak rating||2645 (March 2011)|
He won the 2005 European Youth Chess Championship for under-16 and the 2006 World Junior Chess Championship. The latter victory automatically earned him the title of Grandmaster (GM). In November 2010 he won the Russian Cup Final after defeating Artyom Timofeev in the second game of the final. In January 2012 he came second in the Armenian Chess960 Championship. In December 2012 he shared first with Alexander Kovchan and Sipke Ernst in the Groningen Chess Festival. In 2016 Andriasian won the Armenian Chess Championship.
- Andriasyan, Zaven (2013). Winning with the Najdorf Sicilian. An Uncompromising Repertoire for Black. New In Chess. ISBN 978-90-5691-429-5.
- Andriasyan, Zaven (2015). The English Attack against the Taimanov Sicilian. A Guide for White. New In Chess. ISBN 978-90-5691-555-1.
- Zaven Andriasian vs Maxim Rodshtein, World Junior Championship 2006, French Defense: Tarrasch Variation, Chistyakov Defense Modern Line (C07), 1-0
- Falko Bindrich vs Zaven Andriasian, World Youth Stars 2007, Semi-Slav Defense: Quiet Variation (D30), 0-1
- International Master title application. FIDE. Retrieved 25 January 2016
- ChessBase.com - Chess News - European Youth Championship the winners
- ChessBase.com - Chess News - Shen Yang and Zaven Andriasian World Junior Champions
- Crowther, Mark (2010-11-22). "The Week in Chess 837: Russian Cup Final 2010". London Chess Center. Retrieved 13 November 2011.
- "Hrant Melkumyan becomes Armenia's Chess 960 champion of 2012". PanArmenian.net. 2012-01-28. Retrieved 29 January 2012.
- Crowther, Mark (2012-12-31). "The Week in Chess: 50th Groningen Chess Festival 2012". The Week in Chess. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- "Zaven Andriasian is 2016 Armenian champion". FIDE. 2016-01-24. Retrieved 30 January 2016.
- Zaven Andriasian player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Zaven Andriasian player profile at the Internet Chess Club
- Grandmaster Games Database - Zaven Andriasian
|This biographical article relating to an Armenian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|