Zhangmutou town centre in 2006
Zhangmutou is labelled '21' on this map of Dongguan
|Coordinates (Zhangmutou government): Coordinates:|
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
|Hakka||Zong1muk5tiu2 (Meixian) |
|Literal meaning||Head of (a) camphor tree(s)|
It is named for the abundant camphor trees (Chinese: 樟木; pinyin: zhāngmù) which existed at one time. It has many flats built and tailored toward expats. It is also a favorite retirement destination and attracts Hong Kong residents as the price is much lower than nearby Hong Kong. The predominant spoken languages are Hakka, Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Hyphens could also be used in place of spaces as Jāng-mù-tóu.
- Likewise, using numbers in lieu of tone marks is valid as Jeung1muk6tau4.
- 樟 and 木 could be Tseong and Mook respectively as well.
- Official website of Zhangmutou government ‹See Tfd›(in Chinese)
- Zhangmutou on sun0769.com ‹See Tfd›(in Chinese)
Media related to Zhangmutou at Wikimedia Commons
|This Dongguan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|