|Region||Central Region of Uganda|
|Elevation||1,100 m (3,600 ft)|
|Population (2012 Estimate)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Ziroobwe is approximately 51 kilometres (32 mi), by road, north of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. This is approximately 37 kilometres (23 mi), by road, southeast of Luweero, the site of the district headquarters. The coordinates of the town are 0°40'59.0"N, 32°42'04.0"E (Latitude:0.683056; Longitude:32.701111).
In August 2012, the night-time population of the town was estimated at 5,000, swelling to an estimated 7,000 during working days.
Points of interest
The following additional points of interest are found in or near the town of Ziroobwe:
- Gayaza-Ziroobwe Road, ending here is this 37 kilometres (23 mi) road connecting Gayaza in Wakiso District to Ziroobwe in Luweero District.
- Ziroobwe-Wobulenzi Road, beginning here and ending at Wobulenzi, about 24 kilometres (15 mi) to the west, on the Kampala-Gulu Highway
- main campus of Bugema University, which is located about 15 kilometres (9.3 mi), by road, south of Ziroobwe on the Gayaza-Ziroobwe Road.
- Ziroobwe central market
- offices of Ziroobwe Town Council
- headquarters of Ziroobwe sub-county
- Lumu, Procopios (26 August 2012). "Ziroobwe: Akabuga k'Abalimi (Ziroobwe: The Small Town of Farmers)". Bukedde.co.ug (in Ganda). Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- GFC (14 July 2015). "Road Distance Between Kampala and Ziroobwe with Map". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- GFC (14 July 2015). "Map Showing Luweero And Ziroobwe With Route Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- Google (14 July 2015). "Location of Ziroobwe At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- Baguma, Raymond (25 November 2008). "Gayaza Road Gets Tarmac". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- GFC. "Road Distance Between Ziroobwe And Wobulenzi With Route Marker". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- Newvision Notices (2 October 2013). "Bugema University Announcing Their 19th Graduation Ceremony To Take Place On Sunday, 27 October 2013 At Bugema University Main Campus". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 14 July 2015.